Who are the most affordable GeoCoin mfgers?

cestos73859

You could do what I'm seeing more of lately - make your own coins and buy the bulk tracking numbers to imprint on them. There's alot of interesting coins being made of glazed clay or hand stamped metal.

I'm in the process of having a custom metal stamping die made for my signature coins, but I don't plan to make them trackable.

See THIS thread explaining the rules for having them made or making your own trackable coin (thread was updated March last year).

Edited by baja_Traveler

I've been doing some research and and one thing I've found that some manufactures offer is a premade die for the back of the coin. I don't remember who had them, but the one design I remember out of the choices had the geocaching logo on the back.

Another option is if you think your design is marketable and really good there are a few manufactures who do select desgins at their expense but you have to agree that if you don'tsell at least 100 you will buy the extras. They pay for your design in coins. I'm not sure what the ratio of coins you receive per sale is.

Good luck.

I've been doing some research and and one thing I've found that some manufactures offer is a premade die for the back of the coin. I don't remember who had them, but the one design I remember out of the choices had the geocaching logo on the back.

Another option is if you think your design is marketable and really good there are a few manufactures who do select desgins at their expense but you have to agree that if you don'tsell at least 100 you will buy the extras. They pay for your design in coins. I'm not sure what the ratio of coins you receive per sale is.

Good luck.

Cache Addict do a standard-backed coin and a basic kit is for 50. The Caching Place so the same but the minimum order is 100. HTH

Edited by natterjacktoad

Unfortunately, individual threads like this tend to get shut down quickly because it's not allowed for a thread to become an advertisement thread for specific vendors.

With that in mind, the best thing for you to do would be to visit the pinned thread at the top of the Forum, which lists vendors, and start looking around. I'm afraid it doesn't answer your specific request (that is, your request to be pointed directly to someone in particular).

But do look around! Several vendors offer options to lower the price like common backs for coins (as natterjacktoad has mentioned). Some offer options like trackable, customized tags (like coins, but less expensive as they're simply aluminum cutouts with engraving or screen printing). Several of them also offer options like producing your geocoin design for you, at no charge to you and in fact "paying" you with x coins, where "x" is a number that's a percentage of the overall run (e.g., 10 coins for a run of 100, etc). So there are actually several ways to get your coin produced, a number of which can result in substantial (if not total) reductions in your out-of-pocket cost.

Several of them also offer options like producing your geocoin design for you, at no charge to you and in fact "paying" you with x coins, where "x" is a number that's a percentage of the overall run (e.g., 10 coins for a run of 100, etc). So there are actually several ways to get your coin produced, a number of which can result in substantial (if not total) reductions in your out-of-pocket cost.

I'm wondering if you choose to do this kind of arrangement if after the run of 100 if you have the option of minting more at the regular price? Or if the number of coins you get in exchange usually changes? I've been planning to do more research on this but if I could get an answer here that's even better. I don't need company names just what the norms are. I know the design belongs to you so I'm assuming that they would or you could just take your coin elsewhere. So if so would you now have to pay the die fee or would they treat it like a reorder? Thank you.

Several of them also offer options like producing your geocoin design for you, at no charge to you and in fact "paying" you with x coins, where "x" is a number that's a percentage of the overall run (e.g., 10 coins for a run of 100, etc). So there are actually several ways to get your coin produced, a number of which can result in substantial (if not total) reductions in your out-of-pocket cost.

I'm wondering if you choose to do this kind of arrangement if after the run of 100 if you have the option of minting more at the regular price? Or if the number of coins you get in exchange usually changes? I've been planning to do more research on this but if I could get an answer here that's even better. I don't need company names just what the norms are. I know the design belongs to you so I'm assuming that they would or you could just take your coin elsewhere. So if so would you now have to pay the die fee or would they treat it like a reorder? Thank you.

With the folks I've dealt with, I have been given the option to buy extra coins at cost (that is, extra beyond the amount I'm entitled to). Not sure how it would work if you or the company wanted to do a second run (another edition) of coins, if that's what you're asking. With the "we produce your design" option, I've never had to actually pay for any part of the production costs, just for extra coins if I want them. That's definitely something to ask if/when you shop your design around. So far, the people I've worked with have been exceedingly generous -- it's been a good experience. : )

Unfortunately, individual threads like this tend to get shut down quickly because it's not allowed for a thread to become an advertisement thread for specific vendors.

With that in mind, the best thing for you to do would be to visit the pinned thread at the top of the Forum, which lists vendors, and start looking around. I'm afraid it doesn't answer your specific request (that is, your request to be pointed directly to someone in particular).

But do look around! Several vendors offer options to lower the price like common backs for coins (as natterjacktoad has mentioned). Some offer options like trackable, customized tags (like coins, but less expensive as they're simply aluminum cutouts with engraving or screen printing). Several of them also offer options like producing your geocoin design for you, at no charge to you and in fact "paying" you with x coins, where "x" is a number that's a percentage of the overall run (e.g., 10 coins for a run of 100, etc). So there are actually several ways to get your coin produced, a number of which can result in substantial (if not total) reductions in your out-of-pocket cost.

Thanks for a great reply and explanation.

As noted, we're closing this thread. Good luck on your coin, should you decide to press forward.