Geocaching

KarateNeko2

I was wondering if you can go to the same cache twice. Do you mark another visit or how does this work?

You can visit a cache as many times as you wish. Generally after the initial found it log folks just post a note. This documents your visit but does not increment your find count. Mostly subsequent visits are to trade or drop off travelers.

I was wondering if you can go to the same cache twice. Do you mark another visit or how does this work?

I have revisited quite a few of my finds. The site will allow you to log another "find" and increase your find count. The cache owner gets to decide if they will allow you to keep the extra found log. I would never log a second find to a cache page. It would mess up my count accuracy. If I have something to say on a revisit I say it in a "Write Note" log which does not bunp your find count.

edited to clarify one point

Edited by Cardinal Red

If you revisited a cache, you are not supposed to log it as found-it again. However if you have to log it, in order to drop a trackable, use the "write note" option. Even if you delete said note, the trackable is still booked in the cache.

GermanSailor

Two exceptions to the aforemention guidance that you may want to consider.

1. Moving caches: Since each time it is moved it is essentially a different hide, many cachers will log a find each time they find it (but obviously not when they were the one that last hid it). Notwithstanding, we choose to still just post notes in these instances.

2. Substantially changed caches: Occassionally cache owner choose to and/or find it necessary to change the cache location and sometimes size. The end result it that it sometime creates a substantially new caching experience. Even though the cache owners will often give express permission to relog a find for these caches, we still choose to post a note anyway.