Geocache symbol for OpenStreetMap

Hi folks,

I have just started contributing local footpaths to onlinestreetmap, creating them in Mapyx Quo and editing them in OSM using Potlatch. Is there anyway of entering a symbol for a geocache?

Oooooh, buddy, not sure you'll be allowed to add a geocache POI into the OSM database. Strictly speaking Groundspeak 'owns' its location information, and this can't be shared with third parties unless special permission has been given. I highly doubt this is allowed in this case!

However, please do continue to edit OSM - the more, the merrier!

Hi folks,

I have just started contributing local footpaths to onlinestreetmap, creating them in Mapyx Quo and editing them in OSM using Potlatch. Is there anyway of entering a symbol for a geocache?

Unless the additions are for your own use only, I wouldn't add these to OSM. The odds of a particular cache actually remaining in place (not archived, and not disabled) are a crap shoot. OSM data should be, where possible, a little less transient.

And as noted above, you'll have issues with gc.com.