Colorado 300 Waypoints Question

annie'nbill

Hi. We've been geocaching for a while now and have 161 finds so far. We love it.

Now we've run into a problem with our first multi cache. I've searched the forums but have not found any answers.

We have a Garmin Colorado 300. When we found the second set of coordinates, I put in a waypoint where we were and then did an edit to the new set. Question is: when I hit "Go" to navigate to that point I only have a little pointy thing on the map, which doesn't give distance and direction. Is it possible to get the new coordinates attached to the full page compass that we use from the Geocahing pages? This gives so much detailed info and we can usually navigate to within 2-3 ft of GZ.

Garmin is closed on the weekends and the bug has bitten us - again !! We would really appreciate any help.

You can not use the compass on a waypoint how ever if you do th following it will help you

Find your waypoint and select go

Goto Options (top left)

select "Change Data Fields"

Click Select or the center button in the scroll wheel

Select Dist to Next, click ok

Scroll to the other data field, hit enter

Change that to ETA to next

Select OK or center of scroll wheel

This will give you distance and time to the way point.

Use this info, and keep the purple line facing up to find your waypoint

Thank you so much for your help. Tomorrow will be the big test and I'll report back (if we're successful !) It would be nice if there was a really good owners manual that detailed all the important stuff. Just scrolling through following your guidelines I saw so much stuff that I'd never seen before. This is our first GPS and I guess I'm a bit afraid of messing something up. I've had a couple of boo boos already and thought I'd never get it back right again. Many thanks.