Sign in to follow this  
Followers 14
Wazat

Where am I?

I think it is "Mining Main Street" GC10B07

Very close ! :yikes:

I'll cover my google earth bases and say

Either Gold Rhino or Stampede!

For adjudication purposes I go with Gold Rhino as my first choice!

Trev

Was also looking at those too.... but that means I was Googling it.... so I opted not to. But Stampede is a bit closer... LoL

I know where it is! But as we don't have any worthwhile caching photos, I'll give it a miss.

A place very close to Trev's heart!

Edited by cownchicken

Can't remember the name of the park, but the cache is called "Tribute to friends and family"..

Can't remember the name of the park, but the cache is called "Tribute to friends and family"..

Yes of course where CapeDoc's manic NABM ended!

Quite right - a very nice little two part multi - for those that have not done it I can recommend it. Set in a loverly landscaped river bank area. The Liesbeek is one of the cleanest if not THE cleanest urban Rivers in South Africa, That section of the river is pretty pristine.

Go for it Henz

Trev

O.K. here goes...

This should be fairly easy, but then again not too many cachers has been there yet...

Definitely a "must do" when you are in the area..

6a2257bb-7361-44fa-937c-d264877c76a5.jpg

As you say Henzz - not done that one, but recognise the area Janap's Takeaway on the False Bay coast

that dam view, cunningly taken not looking at the dam?

I'm not that cunning! - No

Although Hermanus has been ruled out, how about GC1J8EZ Cyclopia?

Edited by BruceTP

Although Hermanus has been ruled out, how about GC1J8EZ Cyclopia?

No Bruce would still call that Hermanus which is a long way from here!

one of the silvermine tales - trembling lamb or rancourous wolf?

Good one DBob - it is the latter Silvermine Tales - 2 The Rancorous Wolf by Raymond E (GC336A)

take it away Bob

Yay!

Sorry, non capies, but I'm keeping it in the cape, you guys had your turn for long enough :)

Quite a tricky one methinks!

where am I

6f289f3d-3248-423e-b0f6-04c30bcafbb3.jpg

Edited by Discombob

Nooooo idea!!!!!

Overberg?

Edited by CapeDoc

I'm guessing the mountains in the background are Paardeberg, or (more likely) Porterville, but I can't find a cache with that view, so not much help I'm afraid. Very nice photo though!

((((Hofstadter's Law : "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law"....especially when Pooks takes you on an expedition. Sorry just read Pooks's signature again. Not meant to derail the thread))))

Ostriches getting laid (GC1KNFA)

When I saw the pylons in the photograph I suspected it would be near Koeberg. The scene is typical of driving through the Swartland up the N7 with the mountains in the distance on the right. I did some hunting for possible caches in the area with the aid of Google maps saw a similar looking area. Then when I went into the listing - There was DB's photo!

Street view

11b6b731-576b-469a-949b-50bbfc6534ba.jpg Isn't Google wonderful! :D

Edited by BruceTP

well done Bruce, your go :D

Yeah its a silly system, as I get forced to upload a photo to the cache page so I can publish it here, and then everyone can see it :D

Great... Thanks DB.

I found this one very interesting - why?

Cause it looks to be in Winter time yet Father Christmas was just off to the left?

Cause it looks to be in Winter time yet Father Christmas was just off to the left?

icon_funny.gif

No, he is no Father Christmas despite coming from the land of sleigh rides and reindeer, but he did provide the wheels for the day. eusa_clap.gif

Great... Thanks DB.

44115d3b-ef76-4009-99bb-0c544311d0f2.jpg

This is the site where the first cache was placed and now Jors have a cache close by?

Indeed this is GCZA01.2, where it all began in South Africa 10 years ago. What a site and sight!

Over to you RedGlobe. What gems do you have in store for us... ?

Great... Thanks DB.

Darn you Wazat, that was my exact answer too :)

We did that cache just last month and the reason for the memory still good…. Thanks Bruce.

Now let’s see if the cachers read the listings and look at the site where the cache owner wants you to go? Which cache is hidden at this site?

d1b9d1a4-4430-479b-860e-0ebbf7544021.jpg

Edited by RedGlobe