MapSource software version 6.16.0.2 Beta

allory

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4879

Changes made from version 6.15.11 to 6.16.0.2:

* Fixed memory issues and crashes when running MapSource under Windows 7.

* Map projection for many map products was improved. The projection angle is now based on the extents of the map product.

* Fixed issues with reading and writing large GPX files.

* Improved rendering performance.

* Added support for 64-bit USB device drivers.

* MapSource will now zoom in and out when the mouse wheel is used.

* Added generic label descriptions (less 'unknown' features).

* Fixed various categories and subcategories that affected find operations and the display of POI categories and subcategories.

* Relevant data can now be imported from TCX files.

* Added very small and very large symbol size selection.

* Made sure to remember search category in 'Find Nearest' dialog.

* Fixed issues with file dialog (in some cases, existing files were overwritten without prompting).

* Changed route via point symbol to small black dot. Symbol can be changed via registry.

* Fixed some issues with the Swedish grid.

* Added New Zealand TM grid.

* Fixed issue with address search when a city name was supplied.

* The total length of all selected tracks/routes will now be displayed in the status bar.

* Fixed loss of mixed-case characters when transferring routes to USB devices.

* Routes, tracks and waypoints are now sorted numerically.

* Fixed an issue with the refreshing of the route avoidances dialog.

* Fixed issue with finding elevation features.

* Fixed an issue where the comment field would be mangled up after creating a waypoint from a find result.

* Maps that are locked because of a missing signature file will be displayed as 'unauthenticated' in the Map Product Manager.

* After a crash, the user now has the option to send an error report directly to Garmin.

Is it my imagination or is the vertical (North/South) distortion even worse than it was in 6.15.x?? It looks like it's much worse and shows up even further south than it did before. Tested with Metroguide Canada v5.

Okay, switched to City Navigator North America NT 2010.4 and it's just the opposite. It's squashed N/S rather than elongated that way in MG Canada.

What's with that???

Ibycus 2.1 and Topo Canada are elongated N/S like MG Canada.

...ken...

Edited by Ken in Regina

Is it my imagination or is the vertical (North/South) distortion even worse than it was in 6.15.x?? It looks like it's much worse and shows up even further south than it did before. Tested with Metroguide Canada v5.

Okay, switched to City Navigator North America NT 2010.4 and it's just the opposite. It's squashed N/S rather than elongated that way in MG Canada.

What's with that???

Ibycus 2.1 and Topo Canada are elongated N/S like MG Canada.

...ken...

Read on the Garmin forums what they did... It is stupid. They set the distortion value based on the center on the mapset in question.....not the current view. They did give the method to manually adjust the value, though.

* The total length of all selected tracks/routes will now be displayed in the status bar.

Decided to try this feature, so I installed it and opened one of my GPX files. Saved it under a different name and then couldn't open it. Get error saying it's not a valid Mapsource file - even thougfh Mapsource just created it. Tried several different files and get same result every time.

Anyone get this?

Bob

This beta is waaaaay too buggy. I think the download is faulty. It's only 10mb, and the regular download is 60mb.

Alot of times when beta version is put out on website it usually only includes English version only. The bigger downloads include all the language files. One thing I noticed right away in this beta version is GPS Map Detail is not displayed under map scale on lower right side in MapSource as it has been displayed in all previous versions.

Jerry

One thing I noticed right away in this beta version is GPS Map Detail is not displayed under map scale on lower right side in MapSource as it has been displayed in all previous versions.

Yes. It still displays "overzoom" if you get in too tight but it does not revert to "GPS Map Detail" when you are zoomed within the correct limits of the map detail levels.

...ken...