60csx lost chip

i just discovered the chip in my csx 60 has been mangled an destroyed.

Your help is needed, where do u recomend i go to replace the chip

I use unit for a laying a track when the wife an i hike here in our county dont need maps etc for that just keeping us posted where we are on the track. Perhaps the chip isnt an issue for this use.

w/out the chip can i save anywave points now?

But i do use the unit on the lake an like to have the detail of the creek names an docks, is handy but not have to have.

Is it possible to put this chip in a (carrier that) will then slide into my car reader to load etc.

as u can see im a little all over the place any help appreciated.

Most important where i stand withtheunit w/out the chip

WalMarts, Staples, Amazon.cm - many places sell micro-sd cards these days. I'd stick to a 2GB card though. Many of those come with an adapter for full size SD.

starbrand, R U somewhat certain certain this is the same card garmin uses a generic micro sd card? thank

yes - nothing special about the card at all.

WalMarts, Staples, Amazon.cm - many places sell micro-sd cards these days. I'd stick to a 2GB card though. Many of those come with an adapter for full size SD.

starbrand, R U somewhat certain certain this is the same card garmin uses a generic micro sd card? thank

yes - nothing special about the card at all.

Unless the original poster had purchased a set of Garmin maps that were pre-loaded on the SD-card. In that case, the "chip" is not only an extra memory card, but it is also the source for their map data.