No pocket qeury's 4. march ?

DkMumrik

None of my PQ's has been run, during the last 24 hours.

And none of my PQ's that should be generated on thursday (4. march), has been run.

(this is where I usualy gets pointed towards an anouncement, stating that I should pay more attention :( )

Ys

Thomas

One of my route PQs that ran at 2:40AM last week ran at 6:09AM this week. So the route PQ generator is working, just 3+ hours behind.

I have had no regular PQs run.

[Edited to add: I made a new PQ and it ran immediately, so that hamster is awake and at work.]

Edited by beejay&esskay

A couple of new PQs that I created a few days ago and ticked to run today came through OK at 08:42 (GMT) this morning. A couple of others that are ticked to run on Thursday every week, and have run previously, haven't come through today at all, so far.

That PQ hamster has been taking a right kicking just lately. :blink:

Me too! Waiting on five PQ's last run one week plus two hours ago. Both odd and even numbered. With an array of 39 PQ's that I run fairly regularly, I'm reluctant to delete something in order to do the copy trick.

Hopefully Moun10bike or one of the other lackeys will pop on and tell us that the issue is being dealt with.

Ditto - appears to be a couple threads on this - It's still not working.

3 steps to reporting a bug:

1. What you were trying to do - Run a PQ

2. What happened - NOTHING

3. What you expected to happen - Have my PQ run

BTW: Other Conversions from the cache page aren't working either (figure someone might see this here and fix it also?)

The PQ generators are currently running, but for the last week have been undergoing heavy testing as the system is being overhauled. The devs have throttled their speed and established various monitoring systems, then slowly ratcheted things up in an effort to determine what is causing the failures that have lead to recent bouts of unreliability. In the last couple of days, some bugs with the monitoring system have lead to shutdown of the generators at times while other issues have contributed to failures in other ways.

We apologize for the pain, but please understand that this pain is necessary at this time in order to get the system up and running at improved capacity for the future.

There is currently a backlog of around 20k PQs. Ordinarily this would take a 2-3 hours to clear, but with the throttling and tests that are running right now, any estimate is of dubious accuracy.

Created a new PQ at the beginning of the week and ticked it yesterday to run today.

~15 hours into Friday, my PQ has not yet kicked off. Tried a suggestion from a different post to copy the PQ. No luck there either.

You must be getting ready for the same event! I am trying to do the same thing.... no success!

I dont reckon they are running at the moment. I generated 2 about 3 days ago, and the same 2 just minutes ago. All were to generate Saturday, your time. I still have nothing. Wonderful, as we are on a trip, and have about 500 miles to drive tomorrow, currently with no caches to find. As was asked in an Australian forum, Makes you wonder if the premium membership is worth it?

None of my pocket queries are running. On those days, that a couple ran (date bold), I did not receive them in my regular e-mail.

I have tried a different e-mail account and still do not receive them, if they ran.

I have tried resubmitting them, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks,

My regular weekly PQs ran this morning.

I created some new route PQs (to replace old ones that were delayed last week) and they have not run.

I don't know if new route PQs are handled differently than old ones (as is the case with "regular" PQs)...but there are continuing troubles in PQ-land.

[Edited to add: OK, new route PQs have run. Maybe I was just too impatient for a new PQ to run...but I think they have run faster in the past.]

Edited by beejay&esskay

Created a new PQ at the beginning of the week and ticked it yesterday to run today.

~15 hours into Friday, my PQ has not yet kicked off. Tried a suggestion from a different post to copy the PQ. No luck there either.

My original PQ which was suppose to arrive Friday, arrived Saturday at 1:30am. The copy of the PQ arrived Friday at 11:45pm. Both way too late for the Friday night event I was attending. :anitongue:

Still having problems here, you guys aren't trying to type each one in for us or something are you... If so hats off to your efforts to keep things going. Us little guys really do appreciate all the efforts that you put forth and certainly understand there will be problems from time to time that need correction.

Issue: PQ submitted no speedy results received.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...f2-5a6325624360

Hoping it will be received before we head out that way approx 50 miles.

Please feed the gerbils!

Started a PQ today at 6:30 am PST. It said it ran at 12:00 am but still have not received it.

PQs that say they ran at 12:00am did not run. They encountered some error. I have seen this on route PQs and I attribute this to timing out because of contention and complexity.

I'm not sure they will ever run (i.e. if you try make it run tomorrow) because I think that 12:00 flag might be a permanent "don't try to run this".

You certainly won't get results from the "run" at 12:00. Best hope: Make a copy and try again.

I guess similar problem to others. Trying to create PQ from "Along a Route." When I submit, says query has been generated, but upon returning to PQ page, it says "last generated: Never."

Tried this twice from start to finish, so I think the problem must be somewhere in internetland, and not on my end! :D

Thanks for any help you may provide!

;)

I guess similar problem to others. Trying to create PQ from "Along a Route." When I submit, says query has been generated, but upon returning to PQ page, it says "last generated: Never."

Tried this twice from start to finish, so I think the problem must be somewhere in internetland, and not on my end! :D

Thanks for any help you may provide!

;)

This happend to me as well. Trying to run PQs along a route for an upcoming vacation and it just says 'last run, never'.

My Finds didn't generate either and I clicked that a few hours ago..

Sucks.

The PQ generators are currently running, but for the last week have been undergoing heavy testing as the system is being overhauled. The devs have throttled their speed and established various monitoring systems, then slowly ratcheted things up in an effort to determine what is causing the failures that have lead to recent bouts of unreliability. In the last couple of days, some bugs with the monitoring system have lead to shutdown of the generators at times while other issues have contributed to failures in other ways.

We apologize for the pain, but please understand that this pain is necessary at this time in order to get the system up and running at improved capacity for the future.

There is currently a backlog of around 20k PQs. Ordinarily this would take a 2-3 hours to clear, but with the throttling and tests that are running right now, any estimate is of dubious accuracy.

I'm curious as to why testing isn't done on a staging system that mirrors the deployment infrastructure. To test using the same equipment your customers rely on strikes me as odd. But just my opinion.

I'm curious as to why testing isn't done on a staging system that mirrors the deployment infrastructure. To test using the same equipment your customers rely on strikes me as odd. But just my opinion.

It's my understanding that part of the effort was stress-testing the pocket query system. That's difficult to do on a staging system, but they shouldn't have allowed the testing to break things the way they did.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230