Are Groundspeak asleep?

WilliamTM

So, I got this email a while back and I've tried the code multiple times, but it doesn't work at all. So I sent Groundspeak an email, and, well, the only thing I got in reply was an automated email saying they received my email and it's been assigned an ID...and that's it. No human reply yet so far. Should I send an email to another address or what? :(

gc_free_trail.png

I don't have an answer for you, but I'd sure love it if:

1) you'd resize your graphic so I don't need to scroll

2) Repost using the subject IS Groundspeak asleep, not ARE they asleep. Groundspeak IS a company. They HAVE many employees, but the ARE a company. You want to is is Groundspeak (the company) IS asleep, right? Or do you want to know if their employees ARE asleep?

Sorry... you hit not just one, but two pet peeves in one message. Especially the second one. I will try to behave once now. :(

Referring to a corporation or other association in plural form is correct under customary grammatical usage in the United Kingdom. Perhaps folks could concentrate on answering the question rather than failing at picking apart the grammar of the question.

Once a ticket number is assigned to an inquiry, the writer can be confident that the message was received and has been assigned to a Groundspeak customer service representative. You should hear back from them soon. If not, write another email to contact@geocaching.com that references the previously assigned ticket number.

I don't have an answer for you, but I'd sure love it if:

1) you'd resize your graphic so I don't need to scroll

2) Repost using the subject IS Groundspeak asleep, not ARE they asleep. Groundspeak IS a company. They HAVE many employees, but the ARE a company. You want to is is Groundspeak (the company) IS asleep, right? Or do you want to know if their employees ARE asleep?

Sorry... you hit not just one, but two pet peeves in one message. Especially the second one. I will try to behave once now. :)

Hah. Well, it was 2:30am when I did that so I was pretty tired. If I can use that as an excuse. :(

Like Keystone said, I think both methods work. They refer to slightly different things, sure, but the end result is vaguely the same with what I meant.

Referring to a corporation or other association in plural form is correct under customary grammatical usage in the United Kingdom. Perhaps folks could concentrate on answering the question rather than failing at picking apart the grammar of the question.

Once a ticket number is assigned to an inquiry, the writer can be confident that the message was received and has been assigned to a Groundspeak customer service representative. You should hear back from them soon. If not, write another email to contact@geocaching.com that references the previously assigned ticket number.

Thanks...hopefully they'll write back soon then I guess. Maybe I'm just being impatient but a week is plenty of time to reply, in my eyes anyway. Ah well.