Any way to turn all Active zones to Inactive

Tequila

Is there an easy way to change the status of all currently active zones to inactive?

I am writing a cartridge where the player will be presented with a multiple choice question. Each possible answer requires the player to walk to a different zone. When they get to the correct zone, I want to turn the currently active zones inactive, present a new question with 3 new zones active.

I am looking for a simple way to do this without having to code a separate line for each zone.

Thx

This function sets all Zones to Active=false. I'm sure, Jan have a better way :( , but it should work.

function unsetZones()
 for k,v in pairs(CartridgeName.AllZObjects) do
if tostring(v) == "a Zone instance" then
  v.Active = false
end
 end
end

Best regards

Dirk (Charlenni)

Edited by charlenni

You did then add a call to unsetZones(), I hope?

Otherwise, paste the code which Dirk provided but without the first ("function...") and last ("end") lines.

I removed the function/end statements and it turned the zones inactive but it also crashed the cartridge in the Emulator.

Try putting all of Dirk's code in the Author Script section and just say "unsetZones()" in your event handler. That shouldn't make any difference, but it's less code each time and it stops anything weid happening if the code gets executed at compile time.

I also wonder how the emulator copes if you set the current zone inactive...

Try putting all of Dirk's code in the Author Script section and just say "unsetZones()" in your event handler. That shouldn't make any difference, but it's less code each time and it stops anything weid happening if the code gets executed at compile time.

I also wonder how the emulator copes if you set the current zone inactive...

Author Script blows up too. In this case, I used just the GS Builder and a text editor.

Setting current zone inactive happens all the time. That is how I do all my cartridges. Enter Zone 1, Display a message, De-activate Zone 1, Activate Zone 2 and move on.