NEW TO GEOCOINS! Speak up here!

avroair

I've been caching for a year but just really getting going with collecting. I think I might need a second job to cover the addiction compulsion madness this aspect of the sport we call geocaching. :surprise:

What kinds of coins are others drawn to? I really like Celtic/mythic themed coins, but those are just two that come to mind.

I've been caching for a year but just really getting going with collecting. I think I might need a second job to cover the addiction compulsion madness this aspect of the sport we call geocaching. :smile:

What kinds of coins are others drawn to? I really like Celtic/mythic themed coins, but those are just two that come to mind.

Personally, I only collect Tranquilities. 'Red Shoes Girl' is to blame for that one, she posted a nice picture of one in another thread a while back :)

Just curious if there are new coin collectors out there within the last 6 months? Speak up here, I have a coin for you. :smile:

New to Geocaching-just 4 days ago was my family's first find. Totally hooked. Last night my 5 year old son was more excited to go "caching" than to get ice cream. Whoa!

Just curious if there are new coin collectors out there within the last 6 months? Speak up here, I have a coin for you. :)

We are just getting started with geocaching. We found our first coin, wow. Our family will be collecting coins in the future as the budget allows.

We have a travel bug to put out soon.

The coin we found was not activated :smile: can it be? How can I get an activation code? It's an AR state parks coin, with a tractable number.

Thanks, pscwmoms

If you found a trackable coin that has not yet been activated, Congrats - it was left in the cache as swag! It's yours to keep, however should you find unactivated coins in caches, you should trade for them with swag of equal or higher value (the paradox here is 'How do you know its unactivated until you get home?'). The motto for coiners (most of them) is "Trade even or trade up". Again, Congrats on the find!

~J

Reading this makes me sorry we didn't pick up the one of the coins we found in our first cache. Kids wanted the "toys" instead. Haven't seen a coin since.....

Reading this makes me sorry we didn't pick up the one of the coins we found in our first cache. Kids wanted the "toys" instead. Haven't seen a coin since.....

Just so you know for next time... oins are trackable items so you don't trade for them. You just pick them up and move them to another cache. So you can enjoy the coins and move them AND your kids can trade for the toys.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/geocoinfaq.aspx

Not really new but just getting into coins. As some if you may know my son started a collection 2 years ago, he has since lost interest in coins so I have decided to start collecting myself he has five coins to get me going so I will be looking to buy some more so basically this is a reintroduction for me to everyone in the coin Forum.

Thanks The Seeker

I am newer to coins. I really appreciate the artwork that goes into these. I only collect the ones I really like and I activate all of those because thaey are not leaving my collection. I have 11 travellers and I am always on the lookout for coins to send out. A lot of times I buy lots of coins, weed out the ones I really like and send the rest out or give them as swag. It seems that Ohio does not have a lot of collectors yet, but I am working on it. I had the priveledge of participating in the secret santa, and I am participating in the 10th anniversary coin we all got together to produce. I can honestly say I really enjoy looking at all coins.