TomTom United Kingdom map

I am traveling to Scotland in May for 2 weeks. I am hoping to do some geocaching while there. I am traveling with 3 non cachers so I need to plan my caches well so that I will be able to fit it in.

Currently I use a TomTom XL340S and down load the caches as points of interest. In order to do this in Scotland I am going to need to download a map of Scotland which through TomTom is $80.

Does anyone know where a Scotland map for a TomTom can be obtained cheaper.

Thank you.

Used SD-card with GB or Western-Europe map.

Postage is low for such a small package, so better check out ebay worldwide.

"ebay.co.uk" or "ebay.de" for best results.

Thanks I'll give that a look.

Careful with used tomtom card they are usually locked to original device even with the code they dont always unlock as once registered the details are locked you may have to buy a used unit with a used map

are you sure your tomtom has not got scotland already in usually tomtom has GB which is england scotland and wales

I see now. the minimum cost is just the GB map or a new tomtom GB can be bought new in UK for about £80 just a UK or GB tomtom used should be less

You dont need all europe unless you want it But Scotland is usualy sold as UK or GB map not just a scotland map Have you looked on the tomtom.com web for the UK GB map as a download UK and ireland is £49.95 which I suppose is a lot for just a few days Have you a mobile phone that does mapping? eg Nokia you can get a 7 day trial map and copy pois to it or one of your companions got a mapping phone?? print a close up google map cache I did used to cache with just OS maps now you can print google maps and sat image you can cache without all the gadgets Honest its fun too

Edited by IvorBigun

Used SD-card with GB or Western-Europe map.

Postage is low for such a small package, so better check out ebay worldwide.

"ebay.co.uk" or "ebay.de" for best results.

Thanks I'll give that a look.

Careful with used tomtom card they are usually locked to original device even with the code they dont always unlock as once registered the details are locked you may have to buy a used unit with a used map

are you sure your tomtom has not got scotland already in usually tomtom has GB which is england scotland and wales

I see now. the minimum cost is just the GB map or a new tomtom GB can be bought new in UK for about £80 just a UK or GB tomtom used should be less

You dont need all europe unless you want it But Scotland is usualy sold as UK or GB map not just a scotland map Have you looked on the tomtom.com web for the UK GB map as a download UK and ireland is £49.95 which I suppose is a lot for just a few days Have you a mobile phone that does mapping? eg Nokia you can get a 7 day trial map and copy pois to it or one of your companions got a mapping phone?? print a close up google map cache I did used to cache with just OS maps now you can print google maps and sat image you can cache without all the gadgets Honest its fun too

I do not think anyone in my group has a mapping phone, not sure as we are all coming from different states for this trip. When I started geocaching I used the printed out maps, so I will probably do the same for this trip as the cost for a tomtom map is too much for such a short use.

Thanks for the help.