Oregon 450: problems with profiles

B_Line

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using GPS systems, however I do a lot of hiking/snowshoeing and biking and ended up getting an oregon 450 from GPS city. The 450 has been really easy to learn how to use, and it has worked great until now...

I downloaded some new backgrounds in an effort to improve screen visibility from:

http://www.gpsfix.net/making-the-oregon-an...ew-backgrounds/

I thought the screen visibility was okay and I just wanted to see if the white background would improve anything. I also downloaded and installed the oregon icons for mac from the oregon wikis to help keep track of the garmin and sd drive.

Well after doing this, some of my profiles are not showing up. Some show up with weird scripts and some are blank...

I have tried restoring the profiles back with the original profiles and that makes it a little better but doesnt fix the whole problem.

Any help is appreciated:)

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using GPS systems, however I do a lot of hiking/snowshoeing and biking and ended up getting an oregon 450 from GPS city. The 450 has been really easy to learn how to use, and it has worked great until now...

I downloaded some new backgrounds in an effort to improve screen visibility from:

http://www.gpsfix.net/making-the-oregon-an...ew-backgrounds/

I thought the screen visibility was okay and I just wanted to see if the white background would improve anything. I also downloaded and installed the oregon icons for mac from the oregon wikis to help keep track of the garmin and sd drive.

Well after doing this, some of my profiles are not showing up. Some show up with weird scripts and some are blank...

I have tried restoring the profiles back with the original profiles and that makes it a little better but doesnt fix the whole problem.

Any help is appreciated:)

Have you tried a "Master Reset"?

From the Oregon Wiki:

M1.) How do I master reset my Garmin Oregon?

Turn off the Oregon, press and hold the upper left corner of the screen and power the unit on. You will eventually be asked if you want to reset user data. If you answer "Yes" the unit will be master reset.

Thanks for the tip, however the master reset didn't fix the problem... Any other suggestions? I also tried upgrading the firmware...

Here is what I am seeing:

oregon.jpg

I can't edit/rename the "nn" profile

Edited by B_Line

I had the same problem and no mater what I did I couldn't correct it. I called Garmin and they sent me a zip with the profile files.

I was finally able to get it to work tonight. After I updated the firmware, I did a master reset as per the first response (thanks by the way:) ). It ended up working, and all is well. I think that I will contact garmin and see if they can send me that file so that I can have it in case something goes wrong again in the future.

Thanks everyone for your help:)