Niagara Scout Leaders

42at42

I'm with 40th Mountainview in St. Catharines. I was wondering who would be interested in placing Scouts/Cubs only caches in Wetaskewin. We can put up a private page on Facebook to record caches and finds. Between the groups we can organize who hides where. I hope Scouts Canada would be OK with this since it won't be open to the public.

This would teach the Scouts geocaching without the fear of them becoming muggles on the general geocaches.

I have spoken to the Camp Manager and he gave the go ahead.

Just a thought.

Edited by 42at42

I think it would be a pretty neat idea. I am a leader with the Fonthill Beaver colony, so I don't think that my kids would be old enough to really appreciate or understand caching. If you do decide to go through with it, do let me know, and I'll do what I can to help.

Hello 42at42

I think that putting caches in the camp for the cubs and scouts to find is a great idea. I am an advisor with the 1st Niagara Rover Crew and we have had Geocaching as an activity at our Niagara Spring Breakout camp and it was a great success. I also put an Unknown Cache at Wetaskewin with permission of course. So if you want to go ahead with it I think I might be interested.

Stripey the Bear