Coin adoption help please

salmondan

Attempting to transfer ownership of a coin-

When I attempt I get the following message:

Geocaching > Adopt a Listing

Adoptions

You have not been asked to adopt this listing.

Well- no- I am trying to adopt it out. Is there a different page that I am missing that I am supposed to use to begin this process?

Thanks.

Occasionally users need to transfer ownership of their listings to other users. This is a handy utility for sending and receiving adoption requests and a way to help make the transition go smoothly for the new listing owner.

Refresh this page.

Enter the GC Code (GCXXX) or tracking ID (TBXXX) of the listing you were asked to adopt or would like to put up for adoption. You can also enter the code in order to cancel an existing adoption request.

Edited by salmondan

Attempting to transfer ownership of a coin-

When I attempt I get the following message:

Geocaching > Adopt a Listing

Adoptions

You have not been asked to adopt this listing.

Well- no- I am trying to adopt it out. Is there a different page that I am missing that I am supposed to use to begin this process?

Thanks.

Occasionally users need to transfer ownership of their listings to other users. This is a handy utility for sending and receiving adoption requests and a way to help make the transition go smoothly for the new listing owner.

Refresh this page.

Enter the GC Code (GCXXX) or tracking ID (TBXXX) of the listing you were asked to adopt or would like to put up for adoption. You can also enter the code in order to cancel an existing adoption request.

Be sure that you are the owner of the coin that you are trying to adopt out. If it is not giving you the option to adopt it out, then that likely means the system does not have you registered as the owner of the coin.

Also...be sure you are putting the right tracking number in.

he obviously is not the owner

why would anyone that is the owner of a trackable even want to Adopt their own?

to the OP, you need to ask the owner of the coin to initiate an Adoption request

Edited by t4e

Use the TB reference number, not the tracking number on the item. I believe this should work, let me know if it doesn't.

it will not work until the owner of the coin is sending him the request to Adopt the Coin

from the message he gets, that hasn't happened yet

Use the TB reference number, not the tracking number on the item. I believe this should work, let me know if it doesn't.

it will not work until the owner of the coin is sending him the request to Adopt the Coin

Perhaps you might want to read the last paragraph of his OP. He is trying to "adopt out" his own coin. The same page he is describing is for the owner to initiate an adoption, and want- to -be owner to adopt..He even underlined this!! He has obviously entered the wrong numbers.

Thanks- figured it out (yes, I'm the owner- sorta- doing this for my local geocaching group- forgot to log in on that account.) Mission accomplished.

Perhaps you might want to read the last paragraph of his OP. He is trying to "adopt out" his own coin. The same page he is describing is for the owner to initiate an adoption, and want- to -be owner to adopt..He even underlined this!! He has obviously entered the wrong numbers.