Mapsource and Saved tracks...

Greetings all,

So, I have a Garmin Oregon 300 and have been trying to "get" the whole track function. I have saved some tracks and have named them; Sunday Drive, Drive to Work, etc... When I get home and go to download them, I can't seem to find them in Mapsource. They are on the GPSr, and I can see the file name, but I can't seem to import them. I can import them into a new Mapsouce file, but would like them to import all into one file. I can drag and drop them into Mapsource, but it opens up a new Mapsource file, and doesn't put them into my "main" file that I have all my waypoints etc in. Any thoughts on how to import those custom named tracks into the one Mapsource document. Any additional questions of clearification let me know and I will see if I can clear it up better if I am not explaining it well enough.

Thanks!

Patrick

When in mapsource you select "recieve from device", or something like that.

There are 3 or 4 tabs, one for waypoints, one for tracks, one for routes, that might be it. You have to select the right tab to see whatever it is you are looking for, they don't all show up on teh same menu.

Hope this helps.

One method is to have two apps of Mapsource open. One with your "base data" file that you hope to contain all the tracks (and waypoints, routes if wanted), and the second to open individual saved (named) tracks. Select, copy, and then paste each into your base file.

One method is to have two apps of Mapsource open. One with your "base data" file that you hope to contain all the tracks (and waypoints, routes if wanted), and the second to open individual saved (named) tracks. Select, copy, and then paste each into your base file.

I will have to give this approach a try. Seems like a PITA though...I have figured out that I can "see" the track labled "current" in the directory, but anything that I have customed labled, or saved using a custom lable, is there in the directory, but Mapsource doesn't see those files, or import those files when I go to recieve from device. I am also trying saving a track, not naming it, and not choosing to delete current track. My fear, is if I go on a long road trip and want to see where we drove when we get home, or total miles etc. I won't be able to have it broken down into "day 1" "day 2" etc and show on the map if I can't import it. I will have to try the cut and past into the base file method...