Custom Travel bug Icon

harib0

ok what about this//are these custom made 2005 White Jeep,Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs ,Green Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs ,//My question is can i have a Travel Bug(TB) made with something else in mind such as for TB forBreast Cancer,or TB for christ or TB for the Hunger Crisis I am asking of this because i want to make as many of these TB like those above and send them out//just asking thks †

ok what about this//are these custom made 2005 White Jeep,Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs ,Green Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs ,//My question is can i have a Travel Bug(TB) made with something else in mind such as for TB forBreast Cancer,or TB for christ or TB for the Hunger Crisis I am asking of this because i want to make as many of these TB like those above and send them out//just asking thks †

The Jeeps and Diabetes bugs were corporate/organization sponsored and were issued bulks of 5k, 10k and 20k.

You can certainly purchase your own bug and send it out for charity, etc. but it will not have a custom icon. Come up with a bulk purchase and I'm sure gc.com would be willing to accommodate.

For that you need to speak to Groundspeak. Email Bryan, you can find his contact information in this link, which should provide some other information that might help. But you have to go through them for the codes, and the icon. The Jeeps were released in batches of 4,000 or 5,000. They released 20,000 Unite For Diabetes TBs. Please go through Groundspeak with this request.

ok thats al0t of infomation thati can use but for now i have been lo0king at different manufacturers that was post by Bryan and i am seeking on just to buy a couple of TB for now see how the see how it works and than looking on getting something started on something bigger later i dont want to bite off to much at once //the old saying say you have to craw before you can walk i want to take baby steps for now,so I can buy from a different Manufacturers and buy something like a Beetle or Caterpillar ,or Ladybug ??

The information I posted was so you could see how to obtain tracking numbers, you have to have design approval from Groundspeak, and that isn't hard. As a trackable item there is certain wording that has to be on the item "Trackable at www.geocaching.com" or "Track this at www.geocaching.com" something to that effect, and then if you intend to use any Groundspeak geocaching logos, that has to be approved. If you only want a few numbers, attach a Travel Bug Tag to it. It can be a ladybug tag, or caterpillar if you want it to be.

You might be interested in something like 'Cachekinz' or 'Travel tags'. These are more frequently talked about in the geocoin section of the forum. They are trackable metal tags like travel bug tags, but often have a nice related icon. Hey, they even have ladybugs and caterpillers if that is what you like ;)