New idea to prevent lame caches

bittsen

OK, we have all seen the threads about lame micros, Walmart Parking Lot caches, power trails, etc.

Well here at the bittsen think tank, we have come up with the new and improved concept of "Pay to Play".

Under the GCP2Pͭͫ program, cachers would pay each time they place a cache. Each cache placement would cost one US dollar with 100% of the proceeds from cache placement to be donates to a charity of worthwhile cause. Perhaps the "Send Bittsen to dangerous caches" fund or something similar.

It would almost guarantee much less lame caches because who wants to spend a buck placing a film can next to a mile marker when they won't even spend a quarter on a cache container?

Dang!! This sport is getting expensive!!

cost of throwing away all those nickel film cans I bought

the bucks for "pay to play"

donation to bittsens court appearance fund as an official reporter for the forum

donation to bittsens bail fund

donation to send bittsen to dangerous caches

now a donation to bittsens rehab?

Am I the only one who sees a common denominator in all this? :anibad:

donation to bittsens court appearance fund as an official reporter for the forum

What the heck happened to the send GOF to Hawaii fund? I think I am getting short changed here!

What the heck happened to the send GOF to Hawaii fund? I think I am getting short changed here!

If things work out you won't have to worry about that Gof! If my tip to the hotline works out I will have an additional $1.51 from the wanted poster dime drop TAR turned me on to. You get room and board in "Club Fed" and I get to hide one cache with the change going to bittsens funds!!

Am I the only one who sees a common denominator in all this? :laughing:

If things work out you won't have to worry about that Gof! If my tip to the hotline works out I will have an additional $1.51 from the wanted poster dime drop TAR turned me on to. You get room and board in "Club Fed" and I get to hide one cache with the change going to bittsens funds!!

Somehow I am not finding any reassurance in your post. :laughing:

Edit to add that it is nice to be wanted. Even the reward has gone up!

Edited by GOF & Bacall

OK, we have all seen the threads about lame micros, Walmart Parking Lot caches, power trails, etc.

Well here at the bittsen think tank, we have come up with the new and improved concept of "Pay to Play".

Under the GCP2Pͭͫ program, cachers would pay each time they place a cache. Each cache placement would cost one US dollar with 100% of the proceeds from cache placement to be donates to a charity of worthwhile cause. Perhaps the "Send Bittsen to dangerous caches" fund or something similar.

It would almost guarantee much less lame caches because who wants to spend a buck placing a film can next to a mile marker when they won't even spend a quarter on a cache container?

It would guarantee nothing. This tops the list of your worst ideas ever.. :laughing:

In case anyone missed the connection:

b9c76234-f804-4a70-8a81-cb488e815032.jpg

Coins are accepted as well as paper or plastic.

You know...as soon as you add the right paypal address to that jug, we'll be getting somewhere(or the thread will get closed)

Incidentally... that is a real container and a real sign. I have it set up in my cubicle at work in case anyone cares to drop by and donate.

You know...as soon as you add the right paypal address to that jug, we'll be getting somewhere(or the thread will get closed)

Incidentally... that is a real container and a real sign. I have it set up in my cubicle at work in case anyone cares to drop by and donate.

I searched my pockets... I have some pocket lint... will that fit in the jar opening?

If this idea ever takes off, I'll send $50 to someone in the Portland area to put out 50 LPC caches. I'd do it myself, but I wouldn't get past the vacation cache rule.

Count me in for another 50. I'll even supply the film cans. The black / grey leaky type, of course.

I was gonna go with sandwich bags, but the black/grey film cans would be awesome as well.

Tell you what.

Just send me the $100 and I will hide 100 lame caches and name them after you guys.

If this idea ever takes off, I'll send $50 to someone in the Portland area to put out 50 LPC caches. I'd do it myself, but I wouldn't get past the vacation cache rule.

:laughing:

But you bring up a great point. The caches will have to be named : Send Bittsen to Dangerous Caches #1 and so on.

Am I the only one who sees a common denominator in all this? :laughing:

Maybe if we send her to the dangerous Cache first, we won't need to send her all those other places...But wait, I have an insurance policy to take out first.

Um, you posted this on March 1st, not April 1st. And does 4wheelinfool receive royalties for this idea? :laughing:

I searched my pockets... I have some pocket lint... will that fit in the jar opening?

Well, now... there's pocket lint, and then there is POCKET LINT!! I'm guessing yours is of the 2nd type. It probably will fit, but you'll want to chew on it a bit to get it wadded up into a slimey spitball first.

So nobody thinks their cache placement is worth a buck?

Or is it that everyone thinks LPCs are the same value as a mountain hike cache.... nada?

Not only do I think that it's a really, really poor idea, Jeremy has already stated that it ain't gonna happen.

Spoilsport!! :laughing:

So nobody thinks their cache placement is worth a buck?

Or is it that everyone thinks LPCs are the same value as a mountain hike cache.... nada?

Not only do I think that it's a really, really poor idea, Jeremy has already stated that it ain't gonna happen.

Spoilsport!! :laughing:

I agree, spoilsport!! So perhaps Mr. Irish could be persuaded to change his mind.

You have a better way to exterminate lame caches? :laughing:

To add a touch of gravity to this otherwise lighthearted thread:

Yes, I've seen the threads, but I've never understood the problem. It feels like someone who doesn't like eating a dish of vanilla ice cream complaining simply because it appears several times on a menu with 995,889 choices!

I would like to know why you guys with a quadrillion smilies don't just skip the caches that don't float your boat? No likey/No lookey?

I'm not debating the pro's and cons's of various cache types and placements in this thread and hope it doesn't turn into that.

I'm a very new cacher. I look at each cache I'm thinking about finding on Google maps. If I don't like the looks - for whatever reason - I don't go. Is there a reason that experienced cachers don't do that?

Under the GCP2Pͭͫ program, cachers would pay each time they place a cache

I have to believe that you're kidding or trolling.

Rob

Edited by Juan_Durrer

I'm a very new cacher. I look at each cache I'm thinking about finding on Google maps. If I don't like the looks - for whatever reason - I don't go. Is there a reason that experienced cachers don't do that?

Actually I think that as you go to events, read local forums and get to know a lot of cachers you'll find that very few of us are set in our ways; we don't do one style of caching, and no two cache trips, be they lunch hour urban or weekend rural trek, are the same.

I (and most cachers I know) go to a cache then do the Find Nearest thing on our GPS or PDA and just wander from cache to cache... we hunt 'em all and we like 'em all! :laughing:

Don't confuse this forum with the real world! :)

How about a sliding scale of charges, according to size, ranging from $1 - $10?

(Obviously ammo cans would be at the $1 end. Anything larger than an ammo can would be free. Anyone putting out a trail of 50 nanos may need to take out a bank loan.)

MrsB :)

Now, where's that donation pot gone?

You may have something there. But I think it should be based on diff/terr ratings. 1/1's could be quite expensive, 5/5 free (or maybe a rebate). Size really should have nothing to do with it, there are great micro, and lame ammo can, hides. But a sliding scale from d/t would work...

I think it's an AWESOME idea! I just wish I had thought of it..

However, it may interfere with "Jeremy's Promise", which was to keep all of the site functions free, with only "P2P" being an option. I think only SBell111 and Briansnat may remember the promise and perhaps a few others, but perhaps we could try to get them to be silent about it by using threats, intimidation, bribery, hypnosis, psychokinetic nocturnal thought transmission, discreetly introducing lysergic acid diethylamide to the main water supply, or just plain reasoning, but it may not work..

Um, you posted this on March 1st, not April 1st. And does 4wheelinfool receive royalties for this idea? :laughing:

SHHH! :laughing::)

However, it may interfere with "Jeremy's Promise", which was to keep all of the site functions free, with only "P2P" being an option. I think only SBell111 and Briansnat may remember the promise and perhaps a few others, but perhaps we could try to get them to be silent about it by using threats, intimidation, bribery, hypnosis, psychokinetic nocturnal thought transmission, discreetly introducing lysergic acid diethylamide to the main water supply, or just plain reasoning, but it may not work..

Wait a second here. Why am I paying for pocket queries then?

:)

:)

Think of it as a Bittsen Tax.

If you are serious, count me in for $20... but only if he agrees to walk across (as I did).

However, it may interfere with "Jeremy's Promise", which was to keep all of the site basic essential functions free, with only "P2P" being an option. I think only SBell111 and Briansnat may remember the promise and perhaps a few others, but perhaps we could try to get them to be silent about it by using threats, intimidation, bribery, hypnosis, psychokinetic nocturnal thought transmission, discreetly introducing lysergic acid diethylamide to the main water supply, or just plain reasoning, but it may not work..

:laughing:

Pocket queries are only an option.

Plus, you could always ask to have them donated to you.. :)