Would you delete this log?

Interesting that so many are upset about it in a log but no one has commented on German Sailor repeating it in this thread for no reason I can see but to see what the reaction would be.

I was assuming a Mod was likely monitoring this thread so I decided to ignore the bait and let them handle it. Had it been posted in another thread I would have reported it, as I have done before.

I swear quite a bit but I know the appropriate place. For example i don't swear in from of my seven year old. When my then fourteen year old was using language I knew he didn't quite understand I told him, 'You know, you can say that when you are with your buddies, but don't say it in front of your mother'.

If I am at a football games and a bunch of punky kids sitting behind me are using bad language of front of smaller children I'll tell them to knock it off. If it was me alone and no little kids were around I wouldn't care at all.

A cache log is not an appropriate place to use bad language, so KNOCK IT OFF. :)

Edited by BlueDeuce

The person that had posted the log had not been on the site for a while. I have been waiting for them to visit assuming that they wouldn't necessarily see a request to change the language until then. They logged in on the 13th, but the log remains unchanged. I can only guess that it was deemed to not be in conflict with what is considered acceptable in this area. Go figure.

The person that had posted the log had not been on the site for a while. I have been waiting for them to visit assuming that they wouldn't necessarily see a request to change the language until then. They logged in on the 13th, but the log remains unchanged. I can only guess that it was deemed to not be in conflict with what is considered acceptable in this area. Go figure.

Why are you dropping the ball and not reporting this?

Why are you dropping the ball and not reporting this?

I think you have reached an incorrect conclusion, based on an incorrect assumption. I emailed the reviewer that published the cache. I referenced this forum topic and the log. I asked that it be dealt with according to whatever the standards are for this type of log. The log remains, so I guess it was considered acceptable by the reviewer.

The log remains, so I guess it was considered acceptable by the reviewer.

If it were me, I'd probably push it up the food chain to the Lily Pad and email contact@geocaching.com for action. Maybe the Reviewer is busy taking care of his goats :D

He replied to my note thanking me for bringing it to his attention. ???

Well I don't know the details and I guess it doesn't matter. The log has been edited by Groundspeak. The person that did the editing was not the reviewer. Interesting that it was not done right away.

Because someone finally contacted Groundspeak after seeing the log at GCNQF4.

contact@geocaching.com is your friend.

You're welcome.

Edited by baloo&bd