Cachers in 4x4's

Just a little grumble from myself about cachers in 4x4's. Went out to check some caches at the weekend and was approched by a local who had noticed the gps on me and came over to moan that us lot are ruining his village etc etc and made some points about the 4x4's that were there the other day.

I then have a cacher who told me that whilst out caching in that area another comment of 4x4's ruining the bridle paths come up.

Then today another cacher pointed out how difficult it was to do the series as the tracks had been dug up by 4x4's.

Ok you can say "how comes the cachers are being blamed?" well I've lived around here for 25 years and have never seen the paths around here dug up like this and when the series was placed there was very little mud and the tracks were not dug up. Ive even read one cacher who attempted (and succeed) to cross a foot bridge in his 4x4, the bridge isnt designed for 4x4's and to even drive down this bit in a 4x4 is not only dangerous but puts others at risk as there is no escape route for joe public if they come across a 4x4.

Well sorry for the grumble, but hopefully those who do geocache in 4x4's might take note and understand that while they might be getting round quicker and drier, their actions are making it unpleasant for others later and is giving the sport of geocaching a bad name which im sure none of us want.

can't say I've come across cachers in 4x4s but did come across convoy of 8 in the Peak District last week when the local guidelines said no more than 4 at a time.And as for Mastiles Lane in Yorkshire!!!!!!

Just a little grumble from myself about cachers in 4x4's. Went out to check some caches at the weekend and was approched by a local who had noticed the gps on me and came over to moan that us lot are ruining his village etc etc and made some points about the 4x4's that were there the other day.

I then have a cacher who told me that whilst out caching in that area another comment of 4x4's ruining the bridle paths come up.

Then today another cacher pointed out how difficult it was to do the series as the tracks had been dug up by 4x4's.

Ok you can say "how comes the cachers are being blamed?" well I've lived around here for 25 years and have never seen the paths around here dug up like this and when the series was placed there was very little mud and the tracks were not dug up. Ive even read one cacher who attempted (and succeed) to cross a foot bridge in his 4x4, the bridge isnt designed for 4x4's and to even drive down this bit in a 4x4 is not only dangerous but puts others at risk as there is no escape route for joe public if they come across a 4x4.

Well sorry for the grumble, but hopefully those who do geocache in 4x4's might take note and understand that while they might be getting round quicker and drier, their actions are making it unpleasant for others later and is giving the sport of geocaching a bad name which im sure none of us want.

can't say I've come across cachers in 4x4s but did come across convoy of 8 in the Peak District last week when the local guidelines said no more than 4 at a time.And as for Mastiles Lane in Yorkshire!!!!!!

I don't have a 4X4 but I do sometimes have problems in rural areas, recently I pulled off the road onto a muddy "parking area" got out of the car and left it to "auto park", 30 mins later got back to the car and it was still trying to park parallel to a slushy muddy verge.

Autopark must have been invented by a woman.

Hello

I am new to Geocaching (hid my first one on Sunday !!) but I have been an avid 4x4 enthusiast for a while.

There are two types of off roading:

1) pay and play - this is where one goes to a private bit of land and plays a fee on the gate and then one goes and drives wround a wood navigating hazards and the like.

2) Green laning - This is where one drives Byways and white roads (unclassified unpaved roads).

It's the second one that concerns walkers and country dwellers. The problem is, just as in anything, there are always elements that like to ruin it for the majority. No 4x4 should be driving on a bridleway, they are for hooves and feet only !

We do get annoyed with ramblers and others moaning about us using the Byways. It is part of our hobby and there are very few left for us to use as they have been down classified to appease the NIMBYs. There are many, many more footpaths than byways, so there is plenty of opportunity to go for a quiet walk in the country without coming across a convoy of scratched and battered trucks !

I plan to combine off-roading with geocaching, they seem to be made for each other !

Regards

Sub

I am going to get some abuse for this, I expect the vast majority on here are walkers.....it's like wearing a West ham shirt in Millwall........ :anibad:

Anyway, here's my truck !

pajnest.jpg

Edited by Subedei

What 4 x 4 owners need to be aware of is that not all roads / tracks are open to 4 x 4, and just because a green lane is on a OS map, that does not mean it exists.

Last year one member here was given a stern telling off over a driving on a green lane, which had recently been closed. From memory it can carry 6 points and a substantial fine!

Also from what I have read on BBC news website these kind of roads are going to be phased out in massive areas of England and Wales

6 points and a substantial fine!

It's worse than that. One get one warning and if caught going "off piste" again one gets one's car crushed ! Not funny if it has been modified at great expense !

You are right though. 4x4 users need to show the greatest care when using byways. There is a code of conduct that we follow (or should follow). 12mph, smaller groups, check that byways are still open and are not TROd (tempory closure) show consideration for those on foot etc etc

A bit of common sense is needed here as well. We had a day out looking for fords (http://www.wetroads.co.uk/ - can be done on foot!) to drive over and found one near Canterbury that we were legally allowed to drive but decided not to because it had not been driven in years and flowers were now growing on both banks. we would have destroyed the lot !!

Edited by Subedei

I don't have a 4X4 but I do sometimes have problems in rural areas, recently I pulled off the road onto a muddy "parking area" got out of the car and left it to "auto park", 30 mins later got back to the car and it was still trying to park parallel to a slushy muddy verge.

Your car can park itself?!?!?

Matt

Your car can park itself?!?!?

Matt

I suspect that 4x4-borne cachers aren't a significant problem, as they must form only a very small minority of off-roaders.

We have to accept that you can't generally walk along a track that is commonly used by 4x4 vehicles. There's one I tried to walk along in January (around here - the photo in the link is nothing like how it is now!). The ruts are about two feet deep and the rest is deep mud (it's a signposted BOAT, so this is all completely legal). Motorbikes have been forced around the edge and ploughed that up so there's nowhere to walk on the verge either. Although there is a cache at the top of the hill, it's highly unlikely that people would use the track for access (there's a tarmac road the other side).

Generally, the way to make progress on foot is to leave the byway completely and climb over the fence or wall into the next field. Although there may be some more fence-climbing or bushwhacking to be done, it's a lot easier than attempting to force your way through knee-deep mud. Although such tracks are completely ruined, at least it means that other tracks in the area are left untouched so I'm quite happy to take the desperate evasive action (it wasn't easy in the woodland section!).

but the problem with jumping the fence is if the farmer has had a bad day and sees you then you get agro from him as well and we all know what farmers think of ramblers :laughing:

I'd suspect that he would be aware of the state of the track and realise why people have to find a way round.

Actually, having walked the length of England over the last few years I've found that almost all farmers are very pleasant to ramblers. This might be because a lot of them run farmhouse B&Bs, or farm shops. Or perhaps they simply don't get much trouble from them.

Only the occasional one is a GOML type: they are very much a dying breed these days (thankfully).

And then they seem to be restricted to putting up rude ("Private: Keep Out") signs, blocking the odd stile or making the path hard to find (thus ensuring that ramblers have to spend more time on their land, with a greater likelihood of wandering off course and causing damage).

I suspect that 4x4-borne cachers aren't a significant problem, as they must form only a very small minority of off-roaders.

We have to accept that you can't generally walk along a track that is commonly used by 4x4 vehicles. There's one I tried to walk along in January (around here - the photo in the link is nothing like how it is now!). The ruts are about two feet deep and the rest is deep mud (it's a signposted BOAT, so this is all completely legal). Motorbikes have been forced around the edge and ploughed that up so there's nowhere to walk on the verge either. Although there is a cache at the top of the hill, it's highly unlikely that people would use the track for access (there's a tarmac road the other side).

Generally, the way to make progress on foot is to leave the byway completely and climb over the fence or wall into the next field. Although there may be some more fence-climbing or bushwhacking to be done, it's a lot easier than attempting to force your way through knee-deep mud. Although such tracks are completely ruined, at least it means that other tracks in the area are left untouched so I'm quite happy to take the desperate evasive action (it wasn't easy in the woodland section!).

If the rut is two feet deep, then the 4x4 that drove through it must have wheels well in excess of four feet diameter! These I think you will find are more commonly called TRACTORS - and the majority are rear wheel drive and unlikely to be heading over to find a cache.

My last 4x4 was a Dakar (no surprise there I guess) and it was probably the most aggressive looking 4x4 you can get (the sorta thing Carling would make if they did 4x4's). The amount of grief I used to get from high and mighty walkers and horse riders, both of whom I showed the greatest consideration, was a sight to see. It comes down to being an easy target. 4x4's are an easy target to blame for tracks being cut/up, however unless you actually witness one doing it (and can be sure it isn't the landowner going about his business) then please don't simply blame recreational 4x4's!

When I used to drive my vehicle, I adhered to the commonly accepted rule of thumb, Irrespective of if you have the legal right of way to drive a lane, if you will damage the surface of the track by driving it, then DON'T! There's enough pay and play bomb hole sites around the country for this, without alienating Walkers & Riders.

J

Apologies, but I have no opinion on the topic of this thread.

However, I think we're all missing some detail here - this dude says his car can park itself??? Please, sir, give us a hint.... does autopark have a pulse?... :laughing:

Edited by tiiiim

if a byway is sign posted or/and on my map then i would use it. i pay my road tax so am allowed to use it as many times as i like. though i would not drive a bridle way or foot path. if the farmers start planting trees/post in the way they will be removed as its my righ of way. nothing like a day mud plugging.

though i havent had a 4x4 for a few years so for now the byways near me are a bit safer lol.

lmn

if a byway is sign posted or/and on my map then i would use it. i pay my road tax so am allowed to use it as many times as i like. though i would not drive a bridle way or foot path. if the farmers start planting trees/post in the way they will be removed as its my righ of way. nothing like a day mud plugging.

That's very responsible of you :laughing:

J

If the rut is two feet deep, then the 4x4 that drove through it must have wheels well in excess of four feet diameter! These I think you will find are more commonly called TRACTORS - and the majority are rear wheel drive and unlikely to be heading over to find a cache.

No, not tractors. 4x4s.

I do know the difference! :laughing:

The ruts are clean-cut, narrow and parallel, with no signs of tractor treads. I must admit, in places I wonder how the axles stay clear of the ground when the wheels are dug in so deep. Where there's a bit of a slope, it all gets more random. :laughing:

Clearly, one vehicle on its own won't have dug the grooves. It's the result of many taking exactly the same route over the soft ground in the bed of the lane.

Believe me, it's obvious what has happened there. It's not the only example around. But my post was supportive of 4x4s, in that a lane is completely (but legally) ruined for a couple of miles, but that saves several others from the same fate. And you obviously can't walk along the lane, but you learn to tolerate a bit of bushwhacking in the interests of allowing other countryside pursuits to take place. I also mentioned that I thought it unlikely to be geocachers.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

No, not tractors. 4x4s.

I do know the difference! :laughing:

The ruts are clean-cut, narrow and parallel, with no signs of tractor treads. I must admit, in places I wonder how the axles stay clear of the ground when the wheels are dug in so deep. Where there's a bit of a slope, it all gets more random. :laughing:

Clearly, one vehicle on its own won't have dug the grooves. It's the result of many taking exactly the same route over the soft ground in the bed of the lane. There are signs at the end of the lane making it clear that it's a popular route for the enthusiast. Go and have a look!

Believe me, it's obvious what has happened there. It's not the only example around. But my post was supportive of 4x4s, in that a lane is completely (but legally) ruined for a couple of miles, but that saves several others from the same fate. And you obviously can't walk along the lane, but you learn to tolerate a bit of bushwhacking in the interests of allowing other countryside pursuits to take place. I also mentioned that I thought it unlikely to be geocachers.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Apologies, but I have no opinion on the topic of this thread.

However, I think we're all missing some detail here - this dude says his car can park itself??? Please, sir, give us a hint.... does autopark have a pulse?... :laughing:

I think I was dreaming about caching after winning the lottery. Although autoparking is available on the new model of my current car it's a very expensive extra. Not sure if it's available in UK either.

though i havent had a 4x4 for a few years so for now the byways near me are a bit safer lol.

lmn

Please please use cation when following a map, and driving down what is indicated on it as a byway. We've already had one member, who using a older OS map drove down a byway indicated on his map. Which had been re-classified, the signage indicating that it was closed to Motor Vehicles being removed by persons unknown [suspected by the Council to be renegade 4x4 Drivers]. This person got stuck and cause some visible damage where his vehicle had been stuck. This was brought to the attention of the local council, who at one point were talking about pressing charges against this person. Only after discussions between myself, the person involved and the council official. Was the intention to press charges dropped, as it was a genuine mistake.

Please do not presume that just because a map shows a BOAT, that it is still so designated. And be aware that the legally required signage, could have been illegally removed by unknown persons.

It's not a situation I wish toe see anyone else, in nor do I ever wish to be involved again in such a situation.

Responsible 4xx4 Drivers are not the issue, it is the small number of Renegade 4x4 Drivers who ruin it for the rest.

Deci

Can I just make a point about damage to lanes by 4x4s.

Green laning is a minority interest, it has a very small following. Also, most people who lane only go out once a month or less. There is no way that 4x4 drivers alone could trash a lane to the levels of damage described, we just don't drive down them enough (they get boring if you do them more than a couple of times a year). What we do is keep lanes that would be overgrown kept open. Ramblers are always going on about access, Well we make it happen. Many a time have I punched through an overgrown byway that it would be impossible to walk down without a chainsaw! If they don't get used the hedges slowly reclaim them !

Byways will get churned up by tyres just as bridleways get churned up by hooves and footpaths get churned up by feet....

lmn

Please please use cation when following a map, and driving down what is indicated on it as a byway. We've already had one member, who using a older OS map drove down a byway indicated on his map. Which had been re-classified, the signage indicating that it was closed to Motor Vehicles being removed by persons unknown [suspected by the Council to be renegade 4x4 Drivers]. This person got stuck and cause some visible damage where his vehicle had been stuck. This was brought to the attention of the local council, who at one point were talking about pressing charges against this person. Only after discussions between myself, the person involved and the council official. Was the intention to press charges dropped, as it was a genuine mistake.

Please do not presume that just because a map shows a BOAT, that it is still so designated. And be aware that the legally required signage, could have been illegally removed by unknown persons.

It's not a situation I wish toe see anyone else, in nor do I ever wish to be involved again in such a situation.

Responsible 4xx4 Drivers are not the issue, it is the small number of Renegade 4x4 Drivers who ruin it for the rest.

Deci

Deci

I remember this when it 1st came up, and discovered that no sign is required stating access is not allowed, (although it is curious in change of use), the sign is only required when it is a right of way.

There is no way that 4x4 drivers alone could trash a lane to the levels of damage described, we just don't drive down them enough (they get boring if you do them more than a couple of times a year).

I don't want to cause an argument, :laughing: and I'm not anti-4x4 (I drive one, after all!). But as my report has been called into doubt again, I have to point out what I saw. It was very much a trashed byway, which looked like it'd been driven on by perhaps 20 or 30 vehicles in the previous few weeks. Because the ground is soft and waterlogged, each one had dug in considerably (you could see individual tracks that were at least an inch deep).

I don't have photos of the example above, but here's another. This track...

IMGP1301.jpg

...isn't so bad for the walker to avoid; even though it's suffered due to a bit of use by 4x4s (it's a very popular route across the Pennines), it's easy enough to clamber around the edge as the land is quite open. But you can see how the original ruts have led to a parallel alternative being opened up, and then a further alternative once the first one has eroded down too deep. I know that some vintage tractors have been along this one (on a rally), but it's known as a popular route for 4x4 drivers. Adjacent lanes that are just used by farmers are lightly worn.

After three miles or so you can get off the rutted track onto one that is mostly used by walkers, so is nice and pristine.

On topic though, I don't expect that any of the drivers along here were caching!

Green laning is a minority interest, it has a very small following. Also, most people who lane only go out once a month or less. There is no way that 4x4 drivers alone could trash a lane to the levels of damage described, we just don't drive down them enough (they get boring if you do them more than a couple of times a year). What we do is keep lanes that would be overgrown kept open. Ramblers are always going on about access, Well we make it happen. Many a time have I punched through an overgrown byway that it would be impossible to walk down without a chainsaw! If they don't get used the hedges slowly reclaim them !

Byways will get churned up by tyres just as bridleways get churned up by hooves and footpaths get churned up by feet....

sorry mate, but I dont believe that. it takes a lot of 'damage' against overgrowth for a path overhead to become clear. But it takes a few cars to 'ruin' the path when its wet and muddy.

sorry mate, but I dont believe that. it takes a lot of 'damage' against overgrowth for a path overhead to become clear. But it takes a few cars to 'ruin' the path when its wet and muddy.

We don't go on paths ! We go on byways ! Of course they get ruts in but they are roads ! Horse drawn carts were churning them up long before we came along....

The point I am making is that there are only a very few poorly rutted byways compared to the thousands of footpaths we don't use. Walk on the footpaths !

Of course walkers and riders have the same rights as us to use the byways as we do. But bear in mind that 4x4s use them so the ground under foot will be different to that of a footpath and live and let live. If one wants a flat even walk try Bluewater 8) the alternative is to tarmac the countryside and be done with it...

Edited by Subedei

You're just being nice !! LOL

I am more angry about that picture than you are. If that is a bridleway then he is a very naughty boy. Obviously that cannot now be walked or ridden. As usual it is the minority that ruins it for everyone else...

He is a Disco driver though, that would explain a lot...

Bridleway? If that is the case the driver of the 4 x 4 is breaking the law

It might be advisable to give a map ref so we can check. The vehicle in question is clearly not the only one to have used that route: it's churned up in front of the car! I've seen a few places like that, but they were mostly specially reserved for 4x4 vehicles and walkers/riders weren't going to be inconvenienced (the other sections were really short).

I'm trying to be reasonable and accept that there are some stretches of byway that are going to become impassable on foot. But live and let live; mostly you only struggle for short section and ramblers have to put up with plenty of other obstructions, rough ground and so on. So a bit more is not a big deal, as long as it's kept under control.

It might be advisable to give a map ref so we can check. The vehicle in question is clearly not the only one to have used that route: it's churned up in front of the car! I've seen a few places like that, but they were mostly specially reserved for 4x4 vehicles and walkers/riders weren't going to be inconvenienced (the other sections were really short).

I'm trying to be reasonable and accept that there are some stretches of byway that are going to become impassable on foot. But live and let live; mostly you only struggle for short section and ramblers have to put up with plenty of other obstructions, rough ground and so on. So a bit more is not a big deal, as long as it's kept under control.

That was two years ago, the driver was a friend and customer, he lost the vehicle in a ford the same day, had to abandon it and the next day it had gone.

As he is the owner of the land he saw nothing wrong, however he recieved a two year ban for drink driving on a different occasion.

The bridleway is now almost fully recovered.

It was the only vehicle to use that route, two to four times a day for a few months

"Path Erosion in the Lake District

Erosion can be defined as the loss or substantial alteration of vegetation and soil structure, due in part to the

concentrated pressure of people. This is not just a modern day phenomenon. In 1819 a Lakeland traveller

arriving at the Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel in Langdale, via Stake Pass from Borrowdale, complained that the

route he had just travelled was seriously damaged, worn and in a worse condition than when travelled 10

years previously.

Today the Lake District attracts over 12 million visitors per year. This large number of visitors puts the

environment under great pressure. It has been estimated that over 10 million people use the National Park’s

paths annually. With so many feet pounding these routes, many Lake District paths have become huge open

scars, visible from miles away. Eroded paths are not only unsightly, but unpleasant to walk on and can lead to

habitat loss as well as damage to the heritage, archaeological and natural history qualities of the area."

The above is a quote from a fact sheet from The Lake District National Park Authority. One of many bits of info availiable on FOOTPATH erosion.

Just to put a bit of perspective on this, wherever people go, be it on foot, horse or vehicle we will cause damage to the ground we travel over.

There are irresponsible 4x4 drivers, horse riders and walkers everywhere, but thankfully they are a minority.

Try Googleing " Footpath Erosion" and look at some of the evidence, none of it caused by vehicles.

Try Googleing " Footpath Erosion" and look at some of the evidence, none of it caused by vehicles.

So you're comparing the passage of millions of feet with perhaps a few dozen vehicles and saying that they are both equally guilty of erosion. Probably so.

Thousands of feet a year or a few dozen vehicles. Does one cause any less damage than the other? Just trying to add some perspective. If we are honest 4x4s will always get a bad press. And before I get jumped on, I am a walker and a 4x4 driver.

It's funny. I get abuse from all corners just because I drive a modified 4x4. I have had people accusing me of all sorts....but when the snow came and I was ferrying nurses about at my own expense and pulling cars out of ditches then suddenly everyone is all smiles......

My last 4x4 was a Dakar (no surprise there I guess) and it was probably the most aggressive looking 4x4 you can get (the sorta thing Carling would make if they did 4x4's).

Dakars don't look aggressive they're hairdressers 4x4s :)

My last 4x4 was a Dakar (no surprise there I guess) and it was probably the most aggressive looking 4x4 you can get (the sorta thing Carling would make if they did 4x4's).

Dakars don't look aggressive they're hairdressers 4x4s :laughing:

Sorry, yes, of course they are, they don't have huge 4ft diameter wheels... :)

J

I have been grumbling about the need for a 4x4 to get me up some of these mad roads in North Wales.

(I got well and truely stuck the other day trying to get up a snowy track .... couldn't go up and couldn't reverse because I had slid into the hedge)

But these are 'roads' (kind of) taking me to a suggested parking area!

No way would I even want to get as close to a cache as 'going off road'

But yeah! only yesterday i saw one going up a track meant for walkers only ...... Don't know for sure if he was caching but someone had signed the log only an hour before me.

And there was only one cache up this track to grab?

Never really thought about it till i read this thread. :)

It's funny. I get abuse from all corners just because I drive a modified 4x4. I have had people accusing me of all sorts....but when the snow came and I was ferrying nurses about at my own expense and pulling cars out of ditches then suddenly everyone is all smiles......

Yeah all you horrible nasty fuel guzzling path churning baddies, quite right the Government labelled you all polluters and made sure you paid a lot more tax for your horrible 4 wheel drive vehicles. I think the Government were quite within their right to request for the 4x4 drivers to assist with the ferrying of welfare staff to go from door to door for those who needed help. Of course the goody goody two shoes people may not see the irony and hypocrisy in the request that they made? :(:)

I don't do 4x4 driving but due to my past career I have a lot of experience with it, and know how enjoyable it can be, especially in the pitch dark with no lights on. :o So as long as you're responsible, I say have fun chaps* and well done to those 4x4 drivers who did come out at the request of the Government and help out, for if it had not been for you then a lot of people would have suffered over the cold period. :D:D:D

*Lady drivers are included with this comment.

Also can we have another dog thread please, I don't think we have had one for at least a week or two!!

Good job you don't own a Disco then, as you would also be receiving abuse from other 4x4 drivers :( .

Edited by Mad H@ter

Don't forget, this is an american site, so it's okay to mention Jeeps, but not LandRovers :(:)

My Jeep TB will be on display at the British Indoor 4x4 show (I won't provide details of this commercial event), so any cachers who are attending can go and discover it.

As with any hobby, it is usually the minority who spoil it for the rest. Whilst walking, I see too many illegal scramble bikes in places there they shouldn't be.

I pay between £20 and £40 to play at decent offroad sites, it is a small price to pay to enjoy my hobby and test my vehicles capabilities without annoying other countryside users. I will defend my right to drive green lanes, but accept that my 'toy' is not suitable for most lanes in the UK. I try and abide by the Tread Lightly code, and one of my GeoCoins is a Black Jeep Tread Lightly coin (with the number printed on my Jeep), to try and spread the word.

Yeah all you horrible nasty fuel guzzling path churning baddies, quite right the Government labelled you all polluters and made sure you paid a lot more tax for your horrible 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Not just 4x4s, Dave...

I have to pay £405 a year tax for my 2 wheel drive Peugeot 407SW. Not exactly a 'fuel guzzler' either as it averages at about 35mpg.

On the other hand.... it does have a 211bhp, twin turbo, 2.7 litre V6 HDi under the bonnet and is reputed to top 140mph :(:)

I bet those with a disco and a dog must really get a lot of flack!! lol

Funny you should mention that, as it was disco dog owning person that highlighted this thread to me. :o

Yeah all you horrible nasty fuel guzzling path churning baddies, quite right the Government labelled you all polluters and made sure you paid a lot more tax for your horrible 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Not just 4x4s, Dave...

I have to pay £405 a year tax for my 2 wheel drive Peugeot 407SW. Not exactly a 'fuel guzzler' either as it averages at about 35mpg.

On the other hand.... it does have a 211bhp, twin turbo, 2.7 litre V6 HDi under the bonnet and is reputed to top 140mph :blink::(

That's a nice upgrade from the Corsa with steering wheel clamp. :o:blink:

Funny you should mention that, as it was disco dog owning person that highlighted this thread to me. :(

A "Disco Dog" owning person? Visions of a medallion wearing, Border Collie strutting it's stuff to Saturday Night fever.... :blink:

99258137v5_240x240_Front.jpg

J

Edited by Dakar4x4

Not just 4x4s, Dave...

On the other hand.... it does have a 211bhp, twin turbo, 2.7 litre V6 HDi under the bonnet and is reputed to top 140mph :blink::(

My Paj is a K reg, which means I pre-date the current tax legislation ! lees than £200 a year 8)

I bet those with a disco and a dog must really get a lot of flack!! lol

You took the words right outta my mouth............I said virtually the same on FaceBook a couple of days back..........

We must be the lowest of the low having a dog and Disco :blink::o:(:blink:

Mandy :(

Unless you have a horse box too, thus meaning you may ride, and that is a sin as well don't forget! :o