Good intentions gone wrong.

OzzieSan

They're a private club of mariners who took on quite an undertaking! From what I understand that did it all with topo and compass.

They missed a few here in my area as well. We have small town near and its only benchmark is its elevated water tower (which is still standing) but they listed it as (not found).

I envision a 90 year old man with a Captains hat on, squinting over his map and compass, and realizing that he needed to pee 30 minutes ago. Water tower? Forget the tower! Find me a bathroom! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

They're a private club of mariners who took on quite an undertaking! From what I understand that did it all with topo and compass.

They missed a few here in my area as well. We have small town near and its only benchmark is its elevated water tower (which is still standing) but they listed it as (not found).

I envision a 90 year old man with a Captains hat on, squinting over his map and compass, and realizing that he needed to pee 30 minutes ago. Water tower? Forget the tower! Find me a bathroom! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by megansdad:

nice observation.maybe if you look on the ground you will find a cool souvenier.

That's just it...if he had use the ground he would have surely noticed the tower, but a civilized man of culture would never dream of relieving himself in such a manner. "Oh My Gawd! icon_eek.gif"

quote:
Originally posted by megansdad:

nice observation.maybe if you look on the ground you will find a cool souvenier.

That's just it...if he had use the ground he would have surely noticed the tower, but a civilized man of culture would never dream of relieving himself in such a manner. "Oh My Gawd! icon_eek.gif"

quote:
Originally posted by Dawgies:

Is that the theme to Gilligans Island I hear? icon_razz.gif

Topo and compass along with the descriptions would be the way to go it seems. At least for the verticle controls. I have had pretty good luck using the GPSr with the horizontals. Not to mention the fact that the witness posts usually help a bunch.

quote:
Originally posted by Dawgies:

Is that the theme to Gilligans Island I hear? icon_razz.gif

Topo and compass along with the descriptions would be the way to go it seems. At least for the verticle controls. I have had pretty good luck using the GPSr with the horizontals. Not to mention the fact that the witness posts usually help a bunch.