Tracklog to Memory map....

HazelS

OK... I'm a numpty.

I can just about cope with uploading caches to GSAK and MM, and I always have my tracklog on, and I would LOVE to be able to see exactly how far I've walked etc...

I know it can be done by dumping the tracklog onto MM from my Colorado, but I just don't know how....

Can anyone explain it in easy to understand, step by step instructions? :anibad:

Ta!!

Hmmm...if it's the same as the Oregon....

1. Save your track. (Track manager on the Oregon)

2. That puts it into \Garmin\GPX on the Oregon as a .gpx file.

3. Upload that to your 'puter, and open it with Memory Map.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaa....hope it helps :anibad:

Will also download without saving it...

Connect device, then in MemoryMap

GPS> Import from GPS> Tracks

Will also download without saving it...

Connect device, then in MemoryMap

GPS> Import from GPS> Tracks

Does that work?

My understanding (and experience with my Oregon) is that when connected to my pc it's just as a storage device, not as a GPS, so will not be seen by Memory Map other than as another drive??

Does that work?

My understanding (and experience with my Oregon) is that when connected to my pc it's just as a storage device, not as a GPS, so will not be seen by Memory Map other than as another drive??

Setup, System, interface -> Garmin Spanner

That will prompt you and ask if you want mass storage or regular interface so MM can talk to your Oregon

Thats on an Oregon 550, but guestimating it'll be the same across the range.

Does that work?

Setup, System, interface -> Garmin Spanner

That will prompt you and ask if you want mass storage or regular interface so MM can talk to your Oregon

Thats on an Oregon 550, but guestimating it'll be the same across the range.

Aah - OK.

Think I'll leave mine as it is - I upload my tracks along with field notes every time I do a PQ load anyway, so no need to change.

OK.... switched it to spanner and my MM then tells me it's an unknown Garmin....

think it's more a problem with my version of MM to be honest, cos everytime I open it I get the same message....

I really could do with getting MM reinstalled on my laptop........ ;-)

OK.... switched it to spanner and my MM then tells me it's an unknown Garmin....

think it's more a problem with my version of MM to be honest, cos everytime I open it I get the same message....

Connect GPS and switch on before starting MM, should do the trick.

I do the same as Tim. GPX files work fine.

Grrrr it just doesn't work!!!

Stuey - laymans' terms... how do I do it with a GPX file???

Yeah - that's all well and good, but I don't have an oregon, I have a colorado, and I don't think there's a Track Manager on there!!!

" T11.) Can I save (archive) the internal tracklog data?

Yes. At any time the internal tracklog can be manually saved (archived in Garmin's terminology) by selecting Shortcuts->Where To?->Tracks->Current Track->Options->Archive or Shortcuts->Setup->Tracks->Options->Archive Current Track. Archived Tracks get saved to a file with a name like YYYY-MM-DD and these tracks become visible in the Where To?->Tracks list."

From The Colorado Wiki

Yeah - that's all well and good, but I don't have an oregon, I have a colorado, and I don't think there's a Track Manager on there!!!

" T11.) Can I save (archive) the internal tracklog data?

Yes. At any time the internal tracklog can be manually saved (archived in Garmin's terminology) by selecting Shortcuts->Where To?->Tracks->Current Track->Options->Archive or Shortcuts->Setup->Tracks->Options->Archive Current Track. Archived Tracks get saved to a file with a name like YYYY-MM-DD and these tracks become visible in the Where To?->Tracks list."

From The Colorado Wiki

Blimey.... what a palaver !!

I'm glad I still have a 60CSx. Just plug it into the 'puter, run MemoryMap. Select Import from GPS - Tracks and that's it... job done. :anibad: