What's your team name and why?

The Chesty Whores!

If you haven't strayed away from this post just by that introduction then you might have fun in this forum. Yup, the chesty whores, that is my team's name. By team I mean my two friends or more that I go geocaching with. My friend originally wanted to call us the "Treasure whores", but I didn't like it. So wanting to appease him and make a pun I suggested our current name for the pun it has. Let me make this clear! I'm a dude, guy, rover, gent, man, in the best word, Male! Even still, we though it would be funny and even though I did two, I still had issues with the name our first day out. I kept on having spastic moments where I would burst out with "No one is going to get it!" and "It doesn't make sense!" Eventually I cooled off and just decided that the name in its crude entirety means that we would do just about anything to get a cache. So, it stuck, or for now, until one of the other people gets too embarrassed by the name to change it. All well, I will still always be a chesty whore. :D

So what about everyone else? Do you have a team? How did you decide on your team name?

I'd be happy and interested to find out. Also, I hope I didn't offend anyone or go against any rules. I am just telling the truth!

P.S:Our team also developed a slogan to go with out name that I like to share with people on the trail:

"Good hunting, Great booty!"

My teamns name is Team CCA. I am a teacher at a boarding academy and CCA is the initials for the academy. I typically have one of the students with me when i find a cache, so it's a joint effort, buit not always with the same person. I have several of them addicted and hopefully they will do some caching of their own when on vacation or such

The Chesty Whores!

If you haven't strayed away from this post just by that introduction then you might have fun in this forum. Yup, the chesty whores, that is my team's name. By team I mean my two friends or more that I go geocaching with. My friend originally wanted to call us the "Treasure whores", but I didn't like it. So wanting to appease him and make a pun I suggested our current name for the pun it has. Let me make this clear! I'm a dude, guy, rover, gent, man, in the best word, Male! Even still, we though it would be funny and even though I did two, I still had issues with the name our first day out. I kept on having spastic moments where I would burst out with "No one is going to get it!" and "It doesn't make sense!" Eventually I cooled off and just decided that the name in its crude entirety means that we would do just about anything to get a cache. So, it stuck, or for now, until one of the other people gets too embarrassed by the name to change it. All well, I will still always be a chesty whore. :D

So what about everyone else? Do you have a team? How did you decide on your team name?

I'd be happy and interested to find out. Also, I hope I didn't offend anyone or go against any rules. I am just telling the truth!

P.S:Our team also developed a slogan to go with out name that I like to share with people on the trail:

"Good hunting, Great booty!"

Just from the team name and this post I think that if anyone on a team with that name is over 12 years old I would suggest they seek counseling for their issues.

Though for what it's worth I once won a national Cache League championship as part of team BKCG - Butt Kickin' Cache Getters. :D

I share a team name with my daughters. We call ourselves, "Team-3D". It stands for Dad, daughters, and dog. We take our golden retriever with us whenever we go out and this shorter name makes it easier for us to log finds when we are together. If it is a micro or nano that doesn't have a lot of space, we will sign as "T3D".

I share a team name with my daughters. We call ourselves, "Team-3D". It stands for Dad, daughters, and dog. We take our golden retriever with us whenever we go out and this shorter name makes it easier for us to log finds when we are together. If it is a micro or nano that doesn't have a lot of space, we will sign as "T3D".

Ha! That name really reached out and touched my funny bone. That has to be the most witty and fun name I've heard of so far.

Our name comes from a dear old friend I used to work with. Since my name is Neece he always called himself Uncle Curtis. He used to tell me "Uncles are men , Nieces are girls". since the wife caches with me I told her she could be the "Nephew"!! :D We are trying to get our family's other kids involved, so it works more than one way!!

I have already had it pointed out to me I "spelled Nieces wrong"!! Umm... yeah... I know!!!

I'm just simpjkee. Pronounced "simp jay key". I've always created usernames based on my real name. Originally it was pretty close to my real name, but then I got on message boards and on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time. When I started caching, I was using simpjkee so I signed up as that. I used to think that if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name. Now though, it's been this way since the beginning and people recognize me as simpjkee so I'll have it for life. In forsight, I am actually happy with it now because it's just me and nothing can tarnish it like if I was "TigerWoodsFan" or like the character named Michael Bolton in Office Space. :D My last name is Simpson so I have a history of being nicknamed OJ, Bart, Lisa, and Homer. It gets old. I doubt simpjkee will ever be used to refer to anything but me and I like it that way. :D

I'm just simpjkee. Pronounced "simp jay key". I've always created usernames based on my real name. Originally it was pretty close to my real name, but then I got on message boards and on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time. When I started caching, I was using simpjkee so I signed up as that. I used to think that if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name. Now though, it's been this way since the beginning and people recognize me as simpjkee so I'll have it for life. In forsight, I am actually happy with it now because it's just me and nothing can tarnish it like if I was "TigerWoodsFan" or like the character named Michael Bolton in Office Space. :D My last name is Simpson so I have a history of being nicknamed OJ, Bart, Lisa, and Homer. It gets old. I doubt simpjkee will ever be used to refer to anything but me and I like it that way. :D

Tell me about it.

if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name.

Tell me about it.

At least "bittsen" kinda rolls of the tongue. "simpjkee" is all awkward sounding when people try to pronounce it without breaking it up as simp-jay-key. I had an e-mail read on PodCacher once and Sandy totally butchered my name :D

if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name.

Tell me about it.

At least "bittsen" kinda rolls of the tongue. "simpjkee" is all awkward sounding when people try to pronounce it without breaking it up as simp-jay-key. I had an e-mail read on PodCacher once and Sandy totally butchered my name :D

Yeah, I admit I tried to think of your name as simj-key. The p was silent.

Bittsen isn't so bad, I suppose. It indicates a little "bit" of "sin"

I'm just simpjkee. Pronounced "simp jay key". I've always created usernames based on my real name. Originally it was pretty close to my real name, but then I got on message boards and on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time. When I started caching, I was using simpjkee so I signed up as that. I used to think that if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name. Now though, it's been this way since the beginning and people recognize me as simpjkee so I'll have it for life. In forsight, I am actually happy with it now because it's just me and nothing can tarnish it like if I was "TigerWoodsFan" or like the character named Michael Bolton in Office Space. :anibad: My last name is Simpson so I have a history of being nicknamed OJ, Bart, Lisa, and Homer. It gets old. I doubt simpjkee will ever be used to refer to anything but me and I like it that way. :laughing:

Tell me about it.

I know the feeling. My name is based on two of my other hobbies, woodworking and bicycling. When I tell people that they look at me with skepticism. I only bicycle occasionally now so no longer have the lean look of a long distance bicyclist. Instead I have to took of a semi-sedentary middle aged man.

I know the feeling. My name is based on two of my other hobbies, woodworking and bicycling. When I tell people that they look at me with skepticism. I only bicycle occasionally now so no longer have the lean look of a long distance bicyclist. Instead I have to took of a semi-sedentary middle aged man.

And to think, all this time we were looking for a lean, mean machine cranking away on a 68 lb bicycle made of ebony. :anibad::laughing::laughing:

By our name, you couldn't guess that what we love just may have a connect to/with/about Lake Superior. :laughing:

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Our account name is our team name. The Clan prefix denotes our Scottish heritage, whilst the Riffster surname hints about a drunken night a few decades ago. In my misspent youth, I was coerced into attending a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. For those who aren't familiar, part of the cult fascination is that many of the movie goers dress up as characters in the movie, and a select few actually act out the film in front of the screen, as it plays. Having researched the film, I selected the character Riff Raff, and created an ensemble mostly matching his. The guy that was supposed to play Riff Raff was unavailable, (passed out, I think), so I got volunteered based on my costume. I sucked so bad, I was never asked to play that role again. That didn't stop my high school friends from calling me Riff Raff, and/or Riffster, from that day forward.

So, we are Clan Riffster

We cache as individuals, sign logs as individuals, yet the online logs may refer to the "Monday Musketeers". It's a name I came up with as there are 4 of us that cache together on Mondays, have some great adventures while caching, and it's a lot easier in online logs to use that rather than listing each of us separately in our individual log entry.

I'm just simpjkee. Pronounced "simp jay key". I've always created usernames based on my real name. Originally it was pretty close to my real name, but then I got on message boards and on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time. When I started caching, I was using simpjkee so I signed up as that. I used to think that if I had known I would have gotten big in to caching, I would have thought of a better name. Now though, it's been this way since the beginning and people recognize me as simpjkee so I'll have it for life. In forsight, I am actually happy with it now because it's just me and nothing can tarnish it like if I was "TigerWoodsFan" or like the character named Michael Bolton in Office Space. :laughing: My last name is Simpson so I have a history of being nicknamed OJ, Bart, Lisa, and Homer. It gets old. I doubt simpjkee will ever be used to refer to anything but me and I like it that way. :laughing:

Tell me about it.

I remember many years ago when my cousin was telling me about his recent experience in the army. He was talking about someone else on his unit that was complaining about people that made fun of his name (I don't recall what his name was). He asked my cousin, with apparently a straight face, if he ever had anyone make fun of his [my cousin] name too. My cousins last name is Cox.

Well, When I started this for the family, I honestly didn't think they'd take to it like they do. I normally use dazdncnfusd (Dazed and Confused) for everything. I had already gotten a couple of pm's by the time we got our GPSr, and they had, of course, addressed me as Dazd. So, when the family took to it as well, (wife and 2 fisgets...) I requested the change to our current name. We found an awesome stamp the other day, and are trying out new "team" oriented names now. Perhaps, more to follow.....

Later!

For unknown reasons, we started calling ourselves The Hole In The Wall Gang. It fits us so it works.

TMalaby and I are members where the other 2 to 4 others are friends and family that really enjoy outings with us. We needed something for those days we cache together and not have a recreation of the Declaration of Independence on the logs.

I dont really have a team but my name comes from a night navigation tool. In a crescent moon, if you draw an imaginary line from the top point of the moon to the bottom point of the moon and project it to the horizon, the point on the horizon will be south, with in 20 or so degrees. Hence Moonsouth.

Our team name stems from our first outing of geocaching. Me and a few of my buddies went out caching in the local preserve without GPSr's and had very little luck. We got 1 / 5 I think on our first outing.

Hence the name: Failsquad

Members:

Myself

kickthehack

MajinDrew

Failette

Hioman

(Some of these names are not currently geocaching.com members, but enjoy coming with us on our outings)

Now we like to look at it as more of an ironic team name, because as we've become veteran cachers, we happen to fail a lot less.

Hope you enjoyed my little tidbit.

Edited by ConkDonk
Tell me about it.
Never mind that. Tell us about this part:
. . . on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time.
What, were you stalking them or something?

As an elementary school student, I was tormented daily due to my last name, as an adult I use it all the time, and people get a kick out of it. I'm trying to teach my son and caching partner to be immune to taunts and proud of our name, so we use it as our caching name. Our last name is Worst. Although I don't know if I'd use the same name if my last name was Dick... :D

As an elementary school student, I was tormented daily due to my last name, as an adult I use it all the time, and people get a kick out of it. I'm trying to teach my son and caching partner to be immune to taunts and proud of our name, so we use it as our caching name. Our last name is Worst. Although I don't know if I'd use the same name if my last name was Dick... :D

At least it isn't like my other buddy's name... COX. Pahahaha!

EDIT: I am an adult... I was just highly amused at the moment of writing... !

Edited by ConkDonk
Tell me about it.
Never mind that. Tell us about this part:
. . . on the message board of my favorite band I kept getting my username banned and had to create a new email account and username every time.
What, were you stalking them or something?

no I wasn't stalking them. Their message board is not nearly as strict as this one so people post all kinds of crazy stuff and then every once in awhile the 1 moderator comes on and just bans people in waves. For example, I once was ranting about NASCAR and said "Kurt Busch is a (three letter f word)". Unbeknownst to me at the time, that word is one of the very very few unacceptable words. They have a couple 'unwritten rules' but you don't find out that you broke one until you can't logon anymore. <_< Of course you just get a new username and e-mail addy and it's like you never left. :) This message board is incredibly tame and 'structured' compared to it.

Edited by simpjkee

Definitely not as exciting or thought out as some but when I first started about 2 months ago I came here and joined the site and I started to put in names but it seemed they where all taken. So I considered what I was doing and that was searching for something and then where I was searching which was the earth or geography so I thought hey searchgeo. Now my wife and two boys(16 and 13) are doing it with me so I put the team in front of the name.

Edited by Team_Searchgeo

I don't have a team name, although I do cache with my uncle quite a bit. But like a few others here I was also blessed with a great sirname. Haye. Lots of jokes over the years, but have always been proud of my name. I wanted to have a little fun with it so used Hayemaker. Let the jokes begin. Extra points for originality. :laughing:

as a new member of B.A.C.O.N. (Butler Area Cachers Of Note), I have to say that team I have only cached with a few caches.

my name was originally brunobits (Bruno last name Bits as in Computer BIT, I'm a tech Nerd) then switched it to my clown name Kaboodle The Great, so I could begin hiding caches with a clown theme/swag and promote myself as a children's entertainer. When caching with my Kids, I there fore use their clown names too, and sign the log Kit n Kaboodle and Aaahhh!

on micros and nanos normally just log KTG

As an elementary school student, I was tormented daily due to my last name, as an adult I use it all the time, and people get a kick out of it. I'm trying to teach my son and caching partner to be immune to taunts and proud of our name, so we use it as our caching name. Our last name is Worst. Although I don't know if I'd use the same name if my last name was Dick... :lol:

Just tell your son to tell then that he is "the best of the Worst(s)" Fact is kids can make any last name into something to taunt a kid about. Best thing to do is turn it right back around and show them you are proud of it and it takes all the power away from them.

Just tell your son to tell then that he is "the best of the Worst(s)" Fact is kids can make any last name into something to taunt a kid about. Best thing to do is turn it right back around and show them you are proud of it and it takes all the power away from them.

My last name is Baty..pronounced like Beatty(Warren Beatty)

In elementary school, some kids changed it to Bater and sometimes they thought my first name was Master. Just goes to show how far out of the way some kids will go to make fun.

When I am by myself, I am clumzyfly.

When the family is with me, we are clumzyfly & family

If there is not much room on the log, I just put CF