Lost summer's caches

Gary and Mary Adventurers

Last summer we cached quite a few times, and had about 75 finds, and logged them. In December I was looking for a log listing to add a picture, adn could not find it. When I looked further, I discovered that the site did not have any log listings for us frome the middle of May to late December. I know that counts are not supposed to be that important, but I do enjoy looking back at logs of caches we have found, and also of caches that we logged for other reasons.

I emailed GCC to ask about it, and the person asked me if I logged them under a different profile, since I have one used strictly to sponsor a couple of Spring Picnic Events in Indiana. When I gave her a specific cache to check, she informed me that no deletions we seen, so she did not see any problem.

She might not see a problem, but the logs are still missing.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?? I know our logs were there late in August, I wonder if GCC has any backups of that time period to check and see if they can find a problem??

I could go back and reenter some of the logs, but since many were done while traveling on vacation, I probably would not be able to remamber many of them.

Thank for all the Adventures

When I gave her a specific cache to check, she informed me that no deletions we seen, so she did not see any problem.

She might not see a problem, but the logs are still missing.

There is no interface to "delete" logs (or caches for that matter). Logs and caches can only be "archived." This marks them as hidden. You get an email when this happens. Groundspeak lackeys and volunteers can see these archived logs. If she says there are none for that cache, I'd believe her.

Are you absolutely sure they're not logged under a different account? Did you look through *all* the logs on them to make sure none are familiar?

Maybe you can provide a GC Code or two here and we can take a look.

I am positive we did not log it under the other profile. No finds were ever logged to that profile, just used to host events.

GC1Q4Y8 and GC1BX13 are a couple of ones I remember visiting, and the one checked by the GCC person I emailed was GCPG7Q. I know they were logged to the proper account because I saw our find nnumbers increase. Right now the find count is 1063, at one point this last fall, I think the count was around 1135. I dont have the nubers memorized, but I think that was close.

Ah, did the logs scroll off the page? Go to the bottom of the log listings and notice it has a line that says there are more logs. View Them All on One Page Click the link to see all the logs, is you log still missing?

I wish it were that simple. I am well familiar with having to "show all logs on one page"

The finds do not show up in my profile when I view my "Public Profile" There is a gap from May 10 to November 27 of 2009 . All of my finds during that period are gone from my counts, the cache logs and in my public profile. I know there were logs to the correct profile during that time period, I even remember logging from a McDonalds hotspot after finding a couple of caches in the Gaylord MI area.

Very curious indeed. When I look at your found list I see the gap between May 10 and Nov 27 2009. I also do not see any since Nov 27.

Have you pulled an All Finds PQ and inspected that? Presumably the logs would be missing there as well, but you never know.

If you can find someone who might have data from last summer (many GSAK users have that; perhaps even you have an old (All FInds) PQ in your back-up set) to see if anyone can find some logs from you from that time period. If you logged finds in my area, then I would probably have some of your logs in my data. Technically there should be no logs missing from the database so that every log number should be represented there, either archived or not; so if you have the log number then someone at Groundspeak can see what is happening for those logs, and particularly if other gaps are present.

Very curious indeed. When I look at your found list I see the gap between May 10 and Nov 27 2009. I also do not see any since Nov 27.

The gap between May 10 and Nov 27 is what I have been talking about. We discovered the problem while logging the Nov 27th cache. Since that time the weather has been very "white" here in Northern Indiana, and we havent been out caching.

I checked for an all finds PQ, but did not have one during that time period, ( I dont usually run that PQ very often )

The caching I did during that time period was all done in the LP of Michigan. We camped in the Gaylord area for a week, and then in August, we camped near Newago and White Cloud in the Manistee National Forest. So the caches we found were in those areas and a few around Alpena.

Thanks for the suggestions

Did you happen to be with Team Shydog during that vacation?

Their logs during that timeframe show a lot of Michigan geocaches, mostly thru the Northern Lower Peninsula, including Gaylord.

EDIT: spelling.

No we usually cache alone, or sometimes with the Happy Hikers, but last summer we were on our own.

I might contact Shydog and see if he has any PQs from that period that might have our logs in them.