Poker After Dark Cointest...

Odyssey Voyager

YOUR head hurts?! take a look at ALL those names, numbers, and cards! i need a drink! :anitongue:

HaHa. Thanks for the contest. I felt as though I was SO close the whole time. It was fun, and made me think.

Oh, and the wife thinks I am nuts for trying so hard to win a coin!! LOL.....

She just doesn't get the challenge. I liked the game a lot. :laughing:

Hello again everybody! Now that the Olympics have concluded and left us all with such great memories and a love for the games, is anyone up for a friendly game of poker?! If so...then welcome to the Poker After Dark Cointest! All participating players have a chance to win one Odyssey Voyager Trojan Horse Poseidon Edition. This geocoin is a black nickel finish with "glow in the dark" sea green hard enamel, and 1 of only 30 minted! Here is a picture in case you haven't already seen it:

62481f52-3b9c-4095-a62b-83f39a29aa92.jpg

COINTEST RULES:

You will be playing 5 card stud poker. This basically means you will get a total of 5 standard deck playing cards, and the player with the best poker hand wins the cointest! I have taken a regular deck of 52 cards, and shuffled them all up, and then numbered the back of each card with a number from 1 to 52 (see picture below). All you have to do is pick any FIVE random and different numbers between 1 and 52. At the end of the cointest, I will reveal the playing card that corresponds to each number and we can then determine the best winning poker hand. It is so simple and easy, you don't even have to know how to play poker, since I will figure out each poker hand for all players! Are you ready to play?! Alright then, lets shuffle up and deal! ;)

Oh, and just for added fun, along with your five numbers, please share with everyone your all time favorite board game, card game, or party game in your post! Please feel free to add any funny or interesting anecdotes about playing this game, too!

ONLY 1 ENTRY POST PER FORUM MEMBER OR FAMILY. In the interest of fairness, if you and your family have 3 different accounts, please only enter 1 guess per family (yes, I will check, and no sockpuppet accounts allowed either!) :D Think carefully about your 5 numbers before posting, as no editing will be allowed without permission first. So if you make an error in your post or you want to change your numbers for any reason, please just send me a PM so I can note the changes and times in my records BEFORE correcting or editing your original post entry. Thats about it as far as rules go, but if you have a question feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer. This cointest will end this Saturday, March 6th at 5 PM U.S. Eastern Time. Have fun and I wish you all good luck!

***All losing hands will have a second chance to win in a separate cointest starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the winning hand is announced on Saturday! The second chance cointest will be fun and a bit more challenging and will run for only 24 HOURS with time being a factor! So stay tuned on Saturday for all the fun details.

ad1d15f6-1737-4b99-a637-75c61ea9ff70.jpg

Thank you for the cointest. This was my first one and plan on more after seeing how fun they are.

oh boy! :D I messed it up! I messed the 10's and the clubs with spades... Oh! Probably my mind was somewhere else!

Well.. Even if I was right I wouldn't be the winner, so.. :D Congrats to the winner!!!! :lol: Very good job my friend!

it was a great cointest with lots of fun!! I loved it! :lol:

Thank you Dave for this! :D

BTW.... right now in posts I have four of a kind.... (4 of 5's)! is that a strong one? ;)

Edited by GATOULIS

oh boy! :D I messed it up! I messed the 10's and the clubs with spades... Oh! Probably my mind was somewhere else!

Well.. Even if I was right I wouldn't be the winner, so.. :D Congrats to the winner!!!! :D Very good job my friend!

it was a great cointest with lots of fun!! I loved it! :lol:

Thank you Dave for this! :lol:

thanks for playing nikos. i hope you find a way to recover the information on the broken flashcard! this serves as a reminder to everyone that flashcards should also be backed up to a 2nd storage device in case of loss, theft, or damage. :lol:

actually you have a full house! :P;):);):D

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Oh, I must add, my head hurts now..... :D

YOUR head hurts?! take a look at ALL those names, numbers, and cards! i need a drink! ;)

Well go get one. You deserve it. Heck get 2 or 3 as long as you have a designated driver and your legal, not in AA and don't have any medical conditions that preclude drinking. If you can't get a drink go geocaching. That seems to relax me. Well except for those DNF's.

Great job. I had it narrowed down to the 6 of spades, but still had 4 cards to rule out on on the other one. DS ruined a brand new deck of cards and I have about 20 of them on the floor where he slipped around on them as I tossed aside the ones I'd ruled out. It is so hard to concentrate with him and DH talking about the letters and numbers and him asking me "this a heart?" But I think I liked that last one best, so I wasn't giving up till I saw a winner. LOL It was so nice of you to let us play a bonus round. I really enjoyed it so I guess I'm a winner anyway. Thank you.

thanks for playing wolfslady and thanks for sharing the fun adventures! your home seems lively and full of activity. may your home always be filled with the sounds of family and friends and laughter! :D

Thank you for that lovely wish. I love the way my home feels. Sometimes I wish it was cleaner but in a few short years I'll be missing toys and the easel cluttering up my floors. I never take for granted that the greatest think I ever won was my son. By the time he came along even with the best Dr's in the country (IMO) and the most advanced fertility treatments, we were given less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant and carrying to term. When we found out we were pregnant dispite the odds, we were given a 60% chance of loss. As it turned out we lost his twin, perhaps the easiest and hardest loss I suffered in my years of trying. I was so blessed with the amazing son I was given. Just exhausted trying to keep up with him. I think the days when I most miss his twin are the ones when we've been playing chase for an hour and he still wants me to "catch me mama" It's crazy that I still can't loose weight. Hopefully we can do a few of the hiking caches in the area and that will help. ;)

WoW...I just got off work and HOLY COW! missed out on the 2 extra cointests =( *blink* those were quick, lol ....CONGRATS to all the winners!

Awesome cointest and almost goes without saying "Awesome coins"!

Thank You Odyssey Voyager!

Edited by mud4x4

WoW...I just got off work and HOLY COW! missed out on the 2 extra cointests =( ....CONGRATS to all the winners!

Awesome cointest and almost goes without saying "Awesome coins"!

Thank You Odyssey Voyager!

sorry you missed out on all the consolation games. i was hoping one of these might last a couple of days and that more players would get a chance to win, but the forum members are very talented at solving puzzles, as you can see! <_< wow! these guys are good!

all the prizes were mailed this morning. congrats, once again to the winners, and a "thank you" for all the players who participated. :)

Recieved geocoin in the mail looks awesome! Thanks a lot! :)

Got our coin in the mail today!!!

It is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again so much for the wonderful cointest!!!

Kelly & Barbie

(Are_we_there_yet?)

i'm glad you guys like your trojan horse geocoin prize! please share this steed with all your geocaching friends and family! ;)