Poker After Dark Cointest...

Odyssey Voyager

Ok, my cards are:

6, 8, 10, 21, 26

My favorite board game is Carcassonne, which is a famous game here in Germany (I don’t know if you can get it somewhere else.). I really like to play it with my family and it is fun to create a new landscape with towns, streets and rivers out of a pile small cards.

great idea for a cointest, and the coin is one of the most beautiful ones!!!! :laughing:

Poseidon Poseidon... The greeks are calling you!!! Help with your powers....

.... and with the sea... help me to see the truth....the numbers that will bring you here again....... :anibad: Ok, Iam kiding!

Numbers....

21, 28, 16, 34, 47

:laughing: I forgot to mention my favorite games...

I like Trivial persuit, a game that you take a card, with a word that you have to help the other one in your team to guess it but you must not say words of a list that will actually help....

an other great game that I like is a board game that you have to use almost all your skils to win! What I mean... There is a card with a word, and on the board you will see what you have to do so the rest of your team can guess it in a minute!!! Draw it? Make pantomima? sing or whistle it (if it is a song or a movie), or the one I explained above with the list of words! IT is so funny... but they do not play with me anymore! :laughing: My team is winning all the time... even if it has only me and my friend and the other team has 5 or 6 persons! :laughing: What shall I do?? :anibad:

Neat idea for a cointest! Thanx for the fun.

Ill pick these numbers:

11 - My favorite number

3 - Jr Mikal #1's favorite number

16 - Mrs Mikal's favorite number

31 - Just because

36 - My sons were born on 6/15/01 and 7/8/08, so I added up 6+15+7+8

My favorite game is Trivial Pursuit. I have always thought that I had a firm command of thoroughly useless trivia, and I know a little bit about a whole lot of stuff.

:anibad: I forgot to mention my favorite games...

<snip>

...a game that you take a card, with a word that you have to help the other one in your team to guess it but you must not say words of a list that will actually help....

<snip>

I think you are talking about a game called Taboo. That is a lot of fun as well!

Great Idea for a cointest, My favorite Game is poker. Someone mentioned SlapJack Boy does that bring back memories playing with my sisters. You deal the cards out equal to all players then take turns laying down a card, when a Jack comes you Slap it the first to do so wins the pile of cards. when one player has all cards they win.

Ok here are our picks:

As for Fav Game Monoploy is a it in our hose in all forms, we have classics versions, new versions, local versions, Star Wars versions, PSU version, Mint version (the one that sits on the stand for DISPLAY ONLY)etc....

We have some of the originals that were Monoploy before it was monopoly, called Finance.

We also just got the Monopoly-Deal kids love it I am not to sure.

My SOn is still looking for the Monopoly Geocoins, these are still on his seeking list.

Great Idea for a cointest, My favorite Game is poker. Someone mentioned SlapJack Boy does that bring back memories playing with my sisters. You deal the cards out equal to all players then take turns laying down a card, when a Jack comes you Slap it the first to do so wins the pile of cards. when one player has all cards they win.

i never played the slapjack game, but it seems like lots of fun! i will have to remember this one for a future dealers pick game!

Edited by Odyssey Voyager
David, I had forgoten to post my favorite games and posted again about them... is that ok? :laughing:

nikos, sure! you can comment on this thread all you want! in fact, i encourage it from everyone to make things fun! all i want to know about is if a player changes or edits the post with their selected numbers or wants to change their numbers for whatever reason. to keep the game fair, i have all numbers recorded. so any changes should be brought to my attention to avoid a mistake or controversy. :laughing:

its also great to see some new forum faces here! welcome and good luck to all the oldies and the newbies! :anibad:

Very funny cointest! :laughing:

Here go my numbers: 8, 16, 43, 46, 51

Regarding a favorite board game, I should mention Settlers of Catan, which I play very often during holidays. It mixes luck/hazard and strategy, so it can be very funny and unpredictable :anibad:

Good luck to everybody!

Favorite games; cinquante-huit (58), monopoly, yahtzee

cinquante-huit must be a french or french canadian game?! i've never seen it. how is it played?!

Depending where you lived or who you played with, I had heard it called "crotte de poulet" (that's what a chicken leaves on the ground after eating), english version was OH _ _ _ _ :anibad: or more commonly known as Hearts :laughing:

David, I had forgoten to post my favorite games and posted again about them... is that ok? :laughing:

nikos, sure! you can comment on this thread all you want! in fact, i encourage it from everyone to make things fun! all i want to know about is if a player changes or edits the post with their selected numbers or wants to change their numbers for whatever reason. to keep the game fair, i have all numbers recorded. so any changes should be brought to my attention to avoid a mistake or controversy. :laughing:

by the way, the high winning hand is now a LOW STRAIGHT! :laughing:

its also great to see some new forum faces here! welcome and good luck to all the oldies and the newbies! :anibad:

:laughing: I forgot to mention an other game I like... and probably it is the most famous game in greece... Backgammon! :laughing: I know that there are 3 different games (at least..) but I only know 2 of them and not so well....but what matters is that I have fun with the game! :yikes:

Favorite games; cinquante-huit (58), monopoly, yahtzee

cinquante-huit must be a french or french canadian game?! i've never seen it. how is it played?!

Depending where you lived or who you played with, I had heard it called "crotte de poulet" (that's what a chicken leaves on the ground after eating), english version was OH _ _ _ _ :laughing: or more commonly known as Hearts :laughing:

thats too funny! i'm sure we all have some very colorful names for some of the games have played before! we used to play a board game with marbles at the firehouse that we called "red a**" because some people would get so mad! when anyone got upset by throwing their dice out of the room, or flipping the marble board off the table, we would say: "looks like a case of the red a**!" :anibad:

I have a lot of great memories of playing another game with family too. It’s called “Pass the Pigs” It’s a lot of fun. You get 2 small rubber pigs and you roll them for points. How they land determines how many points you get or if your roll is over and you have to pass them to the next person. It’s funny and a lot of fun. Seeing the look on peoples faces the first time they play Priceless. The game is inexpensive too. I highly recommend it.

Hey! Pass the Pigs! thats great! i believe it was made by Porker Brothers, right?! :anibad:

by the way, your edit was approved and noted. thanks for playing.

Thank you. I've been trying to find where I hid that game to see who make. But porkers brothers should have. LOL. I hadn't even thougth about asking about the darn edit. I was still typing when my 2 1/2 decided to push buttons. It was so quick and not for numbers that instinct took over and I just went back and finished it. I seem to have to do that a lot lately. Maybe I need to get the button pusher his own computer already. I thought 5 or 6 would be soon enough. But they make them really smart these days and he wants starfall.com all the time. The kid has a ton of aunts and uncles and 1000's of toys. I can't even find my floor, but nope he need, to quote him; "I need do letters: on computer."

:laughing: I forgot to mention my favorite games...

I like Trivial persuit, a game that you take a card, with a word that you have to help the other one in your team to guess it but you must not say words of a list that will actually help....

an other great game that I like is a board game that you have to use almost all your skils to win! What I mean... There is a card with a word, and on the board you will see what you have to do so the rest of your team can guess it in a minute!!! Draw it? Make pantomima? sing or whistle it (if it is a song or a movie), or the one I explained above with the list of words! IT is so funny... but they do not play with me anymore! :laughing: My team is winning all the time... even if it has only me and my friend and the other team has 5 or 6 persons! :laughing: What shall I do?? :anibad:

The second one sounds like Crainum. You explained it so well. I played that for the first time a little over a year ago and I loved it. We even bought the game but Daniel isn't old enough yet and we don't have any friends. (OK so we have a few, but most don't have kids.) The only problem I could see is that after playing it a few dozen times and having gone thru all the cards you would know so many of the answers. I saw another version (gold or something) but it would be nice if they put out more card packs you could buy to keep the game fresh.

7, 10, 11, 12, 13

Thanks and the coin looks sharp :anibad:

Ummmm, I like Slapjack :laughing:

edit approved. thanks for playing! i've never heard of "slapjack", tell us a little more about it.

Sorry about that, I forgot to add the game. YOu've never heard of slapjack? You can play with 2 or more people. Divy up the cards equally, then everyone lays one down card at approximately the same time in one pile. The anticipation starts growing and the laughing begins as you try to anticipate who will lay down the first Jack :laughing: When the first Jack appears on the pile, everyone reaches for the pile to 'slap the Jack' first. Whoever slaps the Jack first gets the pile of cards. Once you run out of cards, you're out of the game. Person to get all the cards or the most wins :laughing: I just enjoy the laughing and hitting, lol. :laughing:

Sorry about that, I forgot to add the game. YOu've never heard of slapjack? You can play with 2 or more people. Divy up the cards equally, then everyone lays one down card at approximately the same time in one pile. The anticipation starts growing and the laughing begins as you try to anticipate who will lay down the first Jack :laughing: When the first Jack appears on the pile, everyone reaches for the pile to 'slap the Jack' first. Whoever slaps the Jack first gets the pile of cards. Once you run out of cards, you're out of the game. Person to get all the cards or the most wins :laughing: I just enjoy the laughing and hitting, lol. :laughing:

someone else mentioned "slapjack" as a favorite, too. seems like lots of fun! it reminds me of a card game called "cowboy". has anyone else ever played "cowboy"? i'd be interested in reading variations on this game. :anibad: