Poker After Dark Cointest...

Odyssey Voyager

Hello again everybody! Now that the Olympics have concluded and left us all with such great memories and a love for the games, is anyone up for a friendly game of poker?! If so...then welcome to the Poker After Dark Cointest! All participating players have a chance to win one Odyssey Voyager Trojan Horse Poseidon Edition. This geocoin is a black nickel finish with "glow in the dark" sea green hard enamel, and 1 of only 30 minted! Here is a picture in case you haven't already seen it:

62481f52-3b9c-4095-a62b-83f39a29aa92.jpg

COINTEST RULES:

You will be playing 5 card stud poker. This basically means you will get a total of 5 standard deck playing cards, and the player with the best poker hand wins the cointest! I have taken a regular deck of 52 cards, and shuffled them all up, and then numbered the back of each card with a number from 1 to 52 (see picture below). All you have to do is pick any FIVE random and different numbers between 1 and 52. At the end of the cointest, I will reveal the playing card that corresponds to each number and we can then determine the best winning poker hand. It is so simple and easy, you don't even have to know how to play poker, since I will figure out each poker hand for all players! Are you ready to play?! Alright then, lets shuffle up and deal! :D

Oh, and just for added fun, along with your five numbers, please share with everyone your all time favorite board game, card game, or party game in your post! Please feel free to add any funny or interesting anecdotes about playing this game, too!

ONLY 1 ENTRY POST PER FORUM MEMBER OR FAMILY. In the interest of fairness, if you and your family have 3 different accounts, please only enter 1 guess per family (yes, I will check, and no sockpuppet accounts allowed either!) :D Think carefully about your 5 numbers before posting, as no editing will be allowed without permission first. So if you make an error in your post or you want to change your numbers for any reason, please just send me a PM so I can note the changes and times in my records BEFORE correcting or editing your original post entry. Thats about it as far as rules go, but if you have a question feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer. This cointest will end this Saturday, March 6th at 5 PM U.S. Eastern Time. Have fun and I wish you all good luck!

***All losing hands will have a second chance to win in a separate cointest starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the winning hand is announced on Saturday! The second chance cointest will be fun and a bit more challenging and will run for only 24 HOURS with time being a factor! So stay tuned on Saturday for all the fun details.

ad1d15f6-1737-4b99-a637-75c61ea9ff70.jpg

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Yay, games! I'll play:

26, 50, 10, 4, 32

OK, how about 5?

Ooops, and my favorite boardgame is Scattergories! I love word games.

edit noted and approved. "Penny and Kona" have decided to stick with their 1st choice, so official numbers selected are: 26, 50, 10, 4, and 32.

Me thinks this isn't quite gambling, so I will allow myself to play!!!

Gorgeous coin and fun cointest!!

My picks are: 9,13,18,24 and 45

My favorite boardgames are Monopoly and Scrabble.

I've just been introduced to a really great Wii brain teaser game, but I don't know the name.

Thanks for the cointest and good luck to everyone!!!

i just thought of a way to offer everyone a second chance to win...so...

***All losing hands will have a second chance to win in a separate cointest starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the winning hand is announced! It will be fun and a bit more challenging!

stay tuned next sunday (saturday) for all the details as timely replies will be a factor! :D

Cool idea!

Favorite Game: The Game of Life... We always play this game on vacation or at Holidays. It's funny that the game really is like life. Also, I love to shoot pool and play hold 'em. I grew up playing cards with my dad. In high school, I always got my gas/beer money playing cards.

let's see... How's about

Thanks

The Card game of "Kings in the Corner"

We usually play this while riding the Ferry to Seattle or Fauntleroy. After we park and brake, we scramble up and try to get a table against the window as they have a booth on both sides of the table ( one faces backward :D )

11, 18, 25, 37, 42

My son was born in August 13th 2007 so 8, 13 & 7

We found out we were pg on 12/22 So I’ll round my numbers out with those. I thought about using the day he was conceived but it would have left me one number short because it was the 13th. But as it turns out I managed to do all 3. Because it was December.

7-8-12-13-22 The luckiest numbers in my life. I beat the odds when I finally got pg with him.

I really like the coin.

My all time favorite game is nickel and dime poker with my family. I have so many fond memories of playing when my grandparents were alive. When I play now, it always makes me feel close to them. Usually we play dealers choice, with lots of wild cards. Lately though we’ve been playing East Liverpool Rummy (I think that’s the name of the game.) because my Aunt likes it so much. As long as I’m with my family I don’t care what the game is or even if I loose.

I have a lot of great memories of playing another game with family too. It’s called “Pass the Pigs” It’s a lot of fun. You get 2 small rubber pigs and you roll them for points. How they land determines how many points you get or if your roll is over and you have to pass them to the next person. It’s funny and a lot of fun. Seeing the look on peoples faces the first time they play Priceless. The game is inexpensive too. I highly recommend it.

I used to like Monopoly and I plan to order a game called FamilyOpoly. It's customized to your family. But I'm waiting until my son is a bit older, because they use things like the names schools and friends and at 2 1/2 I can't think of enough fill in the blanks for it to a keepsake for him.

Thanks for the cointest. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by wolfslady

What a great idea for a fun cointest! Deal me 17 - 22 - 39 - 41 - 43 please.

We are a game playing family with many favorites. Sequence is a fun board game. We also like Survive! I bought that one in a thrift store many, many years ago. It was discontinued already by then, so we have never been able to replace our worn game. Has anyone else ever played Survive? I think it was a Parker Bros game, but I would have to look that up to be sure.

Split and Phase 10 are very good card games, but we also play traditional card games, such as Canasta and Cribbage a lot. No, I couldn't narrow the choices down, sorry. :D In fact, if I think about it any longer, I would probably add more to the list.

The Card game of "Kings in the Corner"

We usually play this while riding the Ferry to Seattle or Fauntleroy. After we park and brake, we scramble up and try to get a table against the window as they have a booth on both sides of the table ( one faces backward :D )

11, 18, 25, 37, 42

i've been watching all the views of Vancouver and the Great Northwest during these Olympics and a ferry ride must be just awesome! i would be whale watching and admiring the scenery although a fun card game would be interesting too! :D

I have a lot of great memories of playing another game with family too. It’s called “Pass the Pigs” It’s a lot of fun. You get 2 small rubber pigs and you roll them for points. How they land determines how many points you get or if your roll is over and you have to pass them to the next person. It’s funny and a lot of fun. Seeing the look on peoples faces the first time they play Priceless. The game is inexpensive too. I highly recommend it.

Hey! Pass the Pigs! thats great! i believe it was made by Porker Brothers, right?! :D

by the way, your edit was approved and noted. thanks for playing.

We are a game playing family with many favorites. Sequence is a fun board game. We also like Survive! I bought that one in a thrift store many, many years ago. It was discontinued already by then, so we have never been able to replace our worn game. Has anyone else ever played Survive? I think it was a Parker Bros game, but I would have to look that up to be sure.

hmmmm...never played "survive" but many of the vintage games are making a comeback, so you never know if a new edition will turn up at the nearest Toys r Us or on ebay.

hmmmm...never played "survive" but many of the vintage games are making a comeback, so you never know if a new edition will turn up at the nearest Toys r Us or on ebay.

I do look on occasion to see if it has been rereleased. Unfortunately, the e-bay ones generally go for $75-$100. :D

My great grandpa's favorite games was "Catch the Jack"... lol. You just keep flipping cards until a jack comes up... whoever slaps the jack first wins the card pile. The winner is the person with the whole pile at the end.

as i read about all these fun family games, i just wonder how many games have been played and lost throughout history. its great to pass along these family games to a new generation even though digital games are so poplular, there really is nothing like human interaction. (he wrote...as he typed away on his keyboard) :D

Thanks for the chance to win one of your great coins Odyssey :D

My Royal Flush is under 14 23 32 41 49 Cheers

My all time fave card game is Tablic a fishing type game that is called different names all over the world. It was taught to me by a great friend and i treasure the many many hours playing and drinking, some would say wasted on this fun game. :D

This is a popular fishing-style game in parts of the Balkans. HERE

i just thought of a way to offer everyone a second chance to win...so...

***All losing hands will have a second chance to win in a separate cointest starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the winning hand is announced! It will be fun and a bit more challenging!

stay tuned next sunday for all the details as timely replies will be a factor! :D

be advised, the end of this cointest has been changed to Saturday March the 6th in order to better accomodate the second chance cointest. more people can participate on a weekend rather than a weekday. the second chance cointest will be really fun, so tune in on Saturday for all the details (although i am still tweaking all the ideas in my head right now...lol...a cointest is a lot like designing a geocoin, you always have great ideas after the fact!). :D