PQ - GC vs Waypoint?

JodyC_GoHogs

I remember this problem occuring back in November or so, but haven't seen anyone commenting on it today.

I just ran three PQs in prep of an afternoon hike. The three PQs delivered in just a few minutes but DeLorme's CacheRegister didn't transfer the information correctly, so I grabbed the files straight from my email and uploaded using Topo8. Again, it just uploaded as waypoints with no cache information associated.

Ideas?

Does anyone remember the workaround (going into Notebook, doing a Find and Replace of some sort) that was passed around a few months back? If anyone's 1) had this problem and 2) tried this workaround, then did it work?

Thanks!

JodyC_GoHogs

Bryant, Arkansas

i'm having this same problem too this morning with my earthmate and PQ's.

couldn't load the PQ through the cache register. had to load import it from the emailed file

the PQ i ran last night and this morning only load as waypoints, not geocaches

so i loaded a PQ from a couple weeks ago, and it loaded correctly as geocaches

i then updated that query and it loaded as waypoints

seems to be a problem this morning, and i really wanted to load this PQ for my caching adventure today in san francisco =/

Edited by SubyJeff
but DeLorme's CacheRegister didn't transfer the information correctly, so I grabbed the files straight from my email and uploaded using Topo8. Again, it just uploaded as waypoints with no cache information associated.

Ideas?

I'm using GSAK load PQs my DeLorme PN40. It's working fine. Obviously this isn't a solution if you don't own GSAK, but I you might want to consider owning it.

but DeLorme's CacheRegister didn't transfer the information correctly, so I grabbed the files straight from my email and uploaded using Topo8. Again, it just uploaded as waypoints with no cache information associated.

Ideas?

I'm using GSAK load PQs my DeLorme PN40. It's working fine. Obviously this isn't a solution if you don't own GSAK, but I you might want to consider owning it.

some of us, like myself, already paid for a DeLorme plugin called Cache Register which is designed solely to load PQ's from geocaching.com and transfer them to our GPSr.

everything was working fine up until last night, and from all the other threads about the PQ's not running very well, it seems to be more of an issue now.

hopefully it'll be fixed later today.

For those having this problem, read through this THREAD, particularly Robert Shelley's post at the top of the third page.

It seems that tinkering on the site has caused an issue with the GPX format preferences on many of our accounts. Even though your GPX format preference may show 1.0, the site is still sending you 1.0.1 which is causing the problem with CR. Changing the preference back and forth a few times (saving the change each time) and then finally leaving it saved to 1.0 has solved the problem for some folks.

Edited by Pax42

For those having this problem, read through this THREAD., particularly Robert Shelly's post at the top of the third page.

It seems that tinkering on the site has caused an issue with the GPX format preferences on many of our accounts. Even though your GPX format preference may show 1.0, the site is still sending you 1.0.1 which is causing the problem with CR. Changing the preference back and forth a few times (saving the change each time) and then finally leaving it saved to 1.0 has solved the problem for some folks.

Are you uploading via CR or through the GSAK

For those having this problem, read through this THREAD., particularly Robert Shelly's post at the top of the third page.

I use both but this problem is with CR. CR doesn't play well with the 1.0.1 format which is why many are seeing this problem. It started after last Wednesday's site update.

Edit: I should say the problem is with the website but affecting CR.

Edited by Pax42

thanks for the info.

hopefully my PQ runs in the next hour and works correctly so i can use it before i leave

I use both but this problem is with CR. CR doesn't play well with the 1.0.1 format which is why many are seeing this problem. It started after last Wednesday's site update.

I am pretty computer simple, so CR was great for me. I really don't want to do the GSAK thing. Any suggestions

http://forum.delorme.com/viewtopic.php?f=1...30&start=30

from the thread

1- go to geocaching.com and click on YOUR PROFILE, or click here http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

2- then click on Your Account Details http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

3- scroll to the bottom of that page to Your Preferences

4- if it is set to 1.0.1, skip to step 10

5- click on change, or click this to go right there http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManagePreferences.aspx

6- find GPX Version Preference and change it to 1.0.1

7- click on Save Changes

8- click on change again

9- if the GPX Version Preference setting now says 1.0, go back to step 6 (yes really)

10- find GPX Version Preference and change it to 1.0

11- click on Save Changes

12- re-run the PQs that have the version problem, the new PQs should be OK

Edited by SubyJeff

I am pretty computer simple, so CR was great for me. I really don't want to do the GSAK thing. Any suggestions

he posted the suggestion, i think that you just missed it :D

"Changing the preference back and forth a few times (saving the change each time) and then finally leaving it saved to 1.0 has solved the problem for some folks."

i posted the detailed step by step above from the link he gave us :D

Edit: I should say the problem is with the website but affecting CR.

I tried to 1.0 to 1.0.1 and back tactic and that didn't work. I've tried the trick from November of going into Notepad and that didn't work. So now I'm to the point of adding certain caches specifically along a hiking route I'm hoping to go walk this afternoon. I'm adding them one-by-one-by-one.

And I don't consider GASK an option - this is why I bought CR (but this isn't the point of my posting, and hope we don't rabbit trail down this topic).

So I'm going to stop typing now, continue downloading one at a time (and be grateful that is still an option!) so I can enjoy this beautiful Arkansas Sunday afternoon with the Mrs.

Happy caching!

Jody

JodyC,

Make sure you try the 1.0 to 1.0.1 tactic multiple times. Doing it just once or twice doesn't always work. It may take 3 to 5 times to take. Hopefully Groundspeak will fix this bug come Monday.

Fingers crossed. I loaded 100 caches one by one yesterday! Erg!

For those having this problem, read through this THREAD, particularly Robert Shelley's post at the top of the third page.

Groundspeak,

Has anyone looked into this issue yet? The probelm began after last weeks site update. It seems to only be affecting those using Delorme's Cache Register.

Groundspeak,

Has anyone looked into this issue yet? The probelm began after last weeks site update. It seems to only be affecting those using Delorme's Cache Register.

UGH! I am soooo frustrated! Can't even get them to load individually now. Time to go back to printing out paper? Everything was fine before the site "updates."