MOGA 2010 Geocoins

L Frank

In addition to a unique event coin for sale at this year's MOGA mega event (GC1TF5K) in Missouri, competitors will have a chance to win a custom-made gold, silver, or bronze MOGA 2010 trackable award geocoin. These coins will be presented to the winners in each age group for both the individual and team competitions. And guess what? As of the end of February, we have no one signed up for the women's individual competition in the "Under 30" or "50 and Over" age divisions. Ladies, I can see the wheels turning in your heads now -- this means, for $5, you can sign up for the individual competition and automatically receive an award coin if no more than 3 women compete in your age division. Hmmm, something to think about!

For those of you casual cachers who still have a competitive streak, MOGA 2010 award coins will also be presented to the first-, second-, and third-place winners of the Poker Run event. Anyone with a valid MOGA 2010 registration (available for free!) is eligible to participate in the Poker Run. Starting Saturday morning, April 10, you will be able to hunt permanent Poker Run caches, all with a terrain rating of 1.5. Each Poker Run cache will contain a unique playing piece for you to collect. Each playing piece will be marked with a discount that can be used at local businesses, and certain playing pieces will allow you to draw playing cards (up to 5 cards and 1 bonus card) at the Poker Run Command Center. You won't know which playing pieces you need until you present them at the Command Center. The registered cacher who has the best poker hand by Sunday, April 11, at 1:00 pm will win a gold MOGA 2010 award geocoin! The second-best poker hand will receive the silver geocoin, and the third-best poker hand will receive the bronze geocoin. We know some people may have to leave early, but don't worry, you don't have to be present to win.

Besides the staff version, we are minting only enough MOGA 2010 award geocoins to present to the first-, second-, and third-place winners in the competitions and the Poker Run. You cannot buy these coins -- you must compete for them! Come on out to Mark Twain Lake on April 9-11, and show us you've got the right stuff!

Sounds good. I will have to tell my wife!

Also, I would like to mention my event on April 3rd (on your way to MOGA) at the St Joseph Pony Express Sesquicentennial. "MEET AND GREET- QUITE A FEAT, Pony Express 150 years" GC2465P will be on that Saturday to help the Sesquicentennial celebration with a parade with allthe old west and even include the Budweiser Clydesdales with wagon and dalmation, re-enactments of the pony express riders, mail cancellations adn packing, oxen team demonstrations, blacksmith demos, Native American exhibits, period dancing, Jesse James train robbery, food vendors and more. I will even have a special Pony Express Trail coin (new) for first release until limited quantities run out. It is a trackable geocoin. Please see our event with new caches released and lots of fun and history.

thanks, MO Pirate

Hope I make it to MOGA this year.