New feature?

Doug & Linda

The listing of logs on the "my cache page" has always been there, but I just added the listing of benchmarks found. What you may have noticed is that I now only list the last 10 found so the page generates faster.

I also added the "last found date" for benchmarks that have been found by the community already, and the benchmark find count is listed on your profile.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

What you may have noticed is that I now only list the last 10 found so the page generates faster.

Jeremy Irish

Would it be possible to change that to the last 10 days instead of just the last 10 caches? Ten caches is often less than some of us hit in a single day. How about the same thing for the benchmarks?

25021_1200.gif

Guess I am late in this discussion, but is benchmark hunting really geocaching? The coordinates given aren't even the right datum, so you just have to hunt with the info. Putting this on the My Cache page will make people think they should do this. Can this be removed by those who do not want to hunt for benchmarks?

We hunted for three benchmarks and found all were gone. The kids thought this was downright boring and not much of a prize. We gave it up so the enthusiasm for geocaching would remain.

One thing I see is that under MY CACHE page, the Benchmarks Found list has benchmarks that I could not locate also listed. Could we have an icon that distinguishes found/unfound benchmarks like the smilies and frowns that are shown for the geocaches that are found or not found? Just a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

One thing I see is that under MY CACHE page, the Benchmarks Found list has benchmarks that I could not locate also listed. Could we have an icon that distinguishes found/unfound benchmarks like the smilies and frowns that are shown for the geocaches that are found or not found? Just a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch:

One thing I see is that under MY CACHE page, the Benchmarks Found list has benchmarks that I could not locate also listed.

I fixed it to show the ones you have found only.

Jeremy Irish

This might be an issue for me alone, and if so just tell me and trash the idea..... BUT....

While you are changing things on "OUR" cache pages, might I make a suggestion?

Separate the NOTES posted from the CACHES FOUND column.

I have posted several notes for my caches as things change. I also posted a note of an upgrade I did, exchanging a tupperware container for an ammo box I had extra.

I do not consider the notes AS important to my cache page as I do the cache count, but I do not want to delete the notes as they are a part of the cache record.

What do you think sir? Thanks for listening.

Mike. KD9KC

El Paso, Texas.

quote:
I also added the "last found date" for benchmarks that have been found by the community already, and the benchmark find count is listed on your profile. Jeremy Irish

Thanks Jeremy! This is a big help in finding benchmarks that haven't been found by the community.

Is it possible to add benchmarks found to a user

profile page so we can view their benchmarks found just like their regular caches found?

Steve

GeoScouter

Appreciate the benchmark info on "my pages". Really do. But -- one minor (easily fixed?) thing, I almost hate to mention it ... one "glitch", at least on my PC - there is no space or separator between the benchmarks found and the next date, so they all run together. May I suggest a period, then a space? If it's just a hardware issue (hard to believe huh?), I'm using a fairly recent PC, 1024 X 768 video. Thanks.