Counting Coins!

avroair

Introducing the Abacus coin... for counting how many coins you got. :)

The abacus, also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool used primarily in parts of Asia for performing arithmetic processes. The abacus was in use centuries (probably first around 2700 BC) before the adoption of the written modern numeral system and is still widely used by merchants, traders and clerks in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere.

9b5e1f6f-5633-4a15-83d4-b4aa29f95ed3.jpg

bc6cf7af-5d3c-445d-9303-1d1cd3c8d081.jpg

48878a92-a6d4-4f26-8e8e-0a6a3511574a.jpg

7bf6bb39-82e8-48d8-bc16-d1ed6b09cb56.jpg

No info yet on minting numbers.

They will be trackable with unique icon

They will be sold on www.geoswag.com

The size is 2"

There are three versions shown here in the photos.

WOW!!!!! They are geocoins???? They are so great!!!!!! I think Babylonians were the first who made Abacus! the name is probably Greek but it is not 100% sure!!!

The oldest abacus in the world so far, was found in Salamina and it is dated... in 3000 BC...!

I think the coin is inspired by the Chinese Abacus.... Am I right? :laughing:

Hmm.... will this coin be in the prizes of the Time line history of Man cointest? :)

Oh.. BTW... how long times is 4 moon cycles? 4 weeks, 4 months???

I have the feeling it is 4 months... but I am not so sure! :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

After thinking about it for awhile... the best way for anyone to count their coins is to toss them all in a box and mail them to me! :lol:

~J

Nah, weigh yourself on the bathroom scale then stuff your pockets full of coins and weigh again. Now do the math. B):D

Any new info on the sale or pre-sale of these at geoswag.com? Was looking at there site and there is nothing new posted and thought that you may have a bit of an inside scoop.

Not that I know of, but I'll bug em! The flavor text, icon and order is in. :laughing:

Introducing the Abacus coin... for counting how many coins you got. :D

The abacus, also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool used primarily in parts of Asia for performing arithmetic processes. The abacus was in use centuries (probably first around 2700 BC) before the adoption of the written modern numeral system and is still widely used by merchants, traders and clerks in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere.

9b5e1f6f-5633-4a15-83d4-b4aa29f95ed3.jpg

bc6cf7af-5d3c-445d-9303-1d1cd3c8d081.jpg

48878a92-a6d4-4f26-8e8e-0a6a3511574a.jpg

7bf6bb39-82e8-48d8-bc16-d1ed6b09cb56.jpg

No info yet on minting numbers.

They will be trackable with unique icon

They will be sold on www.geoswag.com

The size is 2"

There are three versions shown here in the photos.

:anibad: Wow, these are cool! Soooo.... do you actually make coins anymore? :D Seriously, these are very cool, can't wait to see one in hand :mad: