May never find first cache -

gunx

Just started learning about our Garmin 76s, using geocaching to help teach me. Started our first search for a cache on Saturday. We were within sixty feet or less of our first cache and became disusted with the trash around us. Ended up forgetting about the cache and packing out over 60 lbs of trash, including broken glass. We'll go back and find that cache soon though

im sure glad there are geo cachers like you out there and with there were less pigs on this earth that cant seem to find a garbage receptical. I hope you dont give up on this sport its normaly good clean fun... well except the dirt and mud encounered while sliding on your butt going down steep hills and trudging through mud puddles... ok ok not such a clean sport but fun anyway. dont let it discourage you and Thankyou for careing enought to trash out.

Zaboombafoo33

Hard in Easy Out [icon_biggrin.gif]

im sure glad there are geo cachers like you out there and with there were less pigs on this earth that cant seem to find a garbage receptical. I hope you dont give up on this sport its normaly good clean fun... well except the dirt and mud encounered while sliding on your butt going down steep hills andtrudging through mud puddles... ok ok not such a clean sport but fun anyway. dont let it discourage you and Thankyou for careing enought to trash out.

Zaboombafoo33

Hard in Easy Out [icon_biggrin.gif]

If each GeoCacher could just pick up a half pound of trash at each cache. Think how much of a differents we could make. Most litterbugs don't throw out that much at one time (do they?). 8oz(s). will fit in a small pocket and just think we all have about 3 pockets left of other stuff.

I do this, how about you?

In geocaching, our goal is to find the cache of course but even more important in my mind is to leave the cache site better and cleaner than when i found it. I usually fill at least one plastic grocery sack full at most caches we find. Some we could use a trash truck but at least my bags are a start. We keep all plastic bags in our pack and dump the trash trash in the trash and recycle the recyclables... okay i am a bit extremely obsessive about it at times but it makes the world a better place.