stats

3isamagic#

I recently checked an active member in my area to see how many finds he has and was impressed at the stats on his profile page. How do I find out my stats?

I use CacheStats 3.0. Just google it. Download the program to your computer. Once that is done, on the Pocket Query page, there is option to do a query for all your finds...can be run once every 7 days. It's right under the "Create a New Query" and called "My Finds". Click on "Add to Queue". It'll come in your email like a normal pocket query. Once you save it to your computer, open the file with CacheStats and you can create the html code to add to your profile. Pretty user friendly.

Doesn't work with a Mac...only PCs.

I recently checked an active member in my area to see how many finds he has and was impressed at the stats on his profile page. How do I find out my stats?

$5 a dozen at your local stats mart :blink:

OK.. seriously, you start with the "My Finds" pocket query, which returns you the set of PQ containing all your finds. From there:

1. GSAK macro FindStatGen (Windows only)

2. ItsNotAboutTheNumbers web based stats generator

3. cachestats standalone Windows application by LogicWeave

4. There's a Mac stats generator, but I don't recall what it is

If you look at the end of your friend's stats, there should be a link to what he's using. GSAK is highly customizable but arguably the most difficult to use. If you don't want to upload your finds to a 3rd party site, use cachestats.

"My Finds" is found near the bottom of the Pocket Queries page.

ok, I went to mygeocachingprofile I found an old post in the forums (sorry I didn't check before posting) and did what it said. I got the PQ. I saved it to my desktop. I click/drag it to the website. I got a bunch of code. I copied it into my profile and all I have are red x's. I think it has something to do with unzipping it. I cannot let WINZIP open it cause then GSAK can't read it. So for regular PQ's I just drag it into GSAK. Please help me....Did our 50th find the other day...was a big deal to us...I just want to see the dumb graph.

ok, I went to mygeocachingprofile I found an old post in the forums (sorry I didn't check before posting) and did what it said. I got the PQ. I saved it to my desktop. I click/drag it to the website. I got a bunch of code. I copied it into my profile and all I have are red x's. I think it has something to do with unzipping it. I cannot let WINZIP open it cause then GSAK can't read it. So for regular PQ's I just drag it into GSAK. Please help me....Did our 50th find the other day...was a big deal to us...I just want to see the dumb graph.

Since you're using GSAK, install FindStatGen3 and it will generate the most comprehensive, customizable stats for you.

To open a ZIP using WinZip without changing the file association, save it to your hard drive first. Then you either double click (if default application is WinZip), open WinZip and drag the ZIP into it, or right click on the ZIP file, and select "Open with...", WinZip (and make sure "Always use..." is not checked).

editing edit : oops, edited wrong post.

Edited by Chrysalides

I sent an email to the site...they wouldn't accept my name cause of the #. All is fixed, I went through the whole process and guess what? I have stats!! Please check them out! I am so proud....

How many hours did I spend doing this instead of caching? Good grief! But the learning curve is so steep right now. Thanks for all your help. I think I have asked more questions than found caches...that will change this weekend. Gonna get up early....

I use CacheStats 3.0. Just google it. Download the program to your computer. Once that is done, on the Pocket Query page, there is option to do a query for all your finds...can be run once every 7 days. It's right under the "Create a New Query" and called "My Finds". Click on "Add to Queue". It'll come in your email like a normal pocket query. Once you save it to your computer, open the file with CacheStats and you can create the html code to add to your profile. Pretty user friendly.

Where do I find the updates to Cache Stats 3.0? None of my FTF's are showing and they are listed as 0. I only see the link on the Cache Stats page on the Logic Weave website to down load the 3.0 program. I don't see any of the fixes. I played around with the HTML to have my stats come out correctly. That worked okay only because I haven't had any new FTFs.

Hmm I can't see "My Finds" under "Create new query"...???