New to the game...

Well we are new to the game and must say all of us seem to have found a great new hobby that gets us out of the house. We have found a few local ones (5 so far) which both me the mrs and the kids have loved.

Kids have got that excited that already we have our own cache box set up and ready to plant which should happen in the next day or so.

Im just happy such a simple idea supplies me with a way to spend quality time with the kids and get me out the house at the same time. We've been out 3 times this week and got soaked every time but keep going back for more.

My only comment is not enough people take pictures to post with their logs!!!!!

Simon

Well we are new to the game and must say all of us seem to have found a great new hobby that gets us out of the house. We have found a few local ones (5 so far) which both me the mrs and the kids have loved.

Kids have got that excited that already we have our own cache box set up and ready to plant which should happen in the next day or so.

Im just happy such a simple idea supplies me with a way to spend quality time with the kids and get me out the house at the same time. We've been out 3 times this week and got soaked every time but keep going back for more.

My only comment is not enough people take pictures to post with their logs!!!!!

Simon

Welcome to Geocaching. I found I posted a lot more pictures when I 1st started then I do now.

Yorkie30 :lol:

Welcome. I see you are in Romsey which is close to the New Forest. As you are planning to place a cache soon if you are thinking of putting it within the Forestry Commission woodlands in the NF there are some specific guidelines for placing caches there. The FC are really supportive of geocaching but like to know what is going on! The guidelines are in the Landowner Agreement database on the Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB) website here. The GAGB has more useful information including other guidelines for placing caches and an active forum.

I've also created a resource website to bring together all sorts of information useful to geocachers in the UK. You may find it helpful - www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk - have a look :shocked:

If you need any help the local cache reviewer who covers that area is a decent bloke (so I believe). Called Graculus I think :blink:

Chris (MrB)

Welcome. I see you are in Romsey which is close to the New Forest. As you are planning to place a cache soon if you are thinking of putting it within the Forestry Commission woodlands in the NF there are some specific guidelines for placing caches there. The FC are really supportive of geocaching but like to know what is going on! The guidelines are in the Landowner Agreement database on the Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB) website here. The GAGB has more useful information including other guidelines for placing caches and an active forum.

I've also created a resource website to bring together all sorts of information useful to geocachers in the UK. You may find it helpful - www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk - have a look :shocked:

If you need any help the local cache reviewer who covers that area is a decent bloke (so I believe). Called Graculus I think :blink:

Chris (MrB)

Cheers, we will have a good look round that site. We are pretty sure a location has been decided. Tried to find somewhere that would be nice to go for both a quick run and a nice couple of hours out with the family.

Simon

EDIT : Great site, the location chosen is ok and already has permission in place. Oh and useful links page seems to not be there???

Edited by HookwayFamily

Right, cache placed, details submitted and kids wetting themselves with excitement...all 5 of them!!

They cant wait till it goes live (nor can me and Kel either, think we may be more excited than the kids)

You have mail..... :):laughing:

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

lol...thank you!!

Hows the caching going? Still enjoying the excitement that it brings B)

Yup, done most of a local series with the family yesterday (7 in the family) accompanied by my brother and ex-wife so 9 in total! Had a good day and must have walked a good 1 1/2 miles through woods and pretty hilly/tough terrain. Our 3 year old walked the lot and still had enough energy to run back to the car. We have 3 more of them to find so will probably return for those this afternoon.

Was a really good day and was my sons birthday and he spent alot of it doing what he enjoys. This was all followed up by a huge (25 people) family meal at the harvester...yum!

Simon

Hows the caching going? Still enjoying the excitement that it brings :)

Yup, done most of a local series with the family yesterday (7 in the family) accompanied by my brother and ex-wife so 9 in total! Had a good day and must have walked a good 1 1/2 miles through woods and pretty hilly/tough terrain. Our 3 year old walked the lot and still had enough energy to run back to the car. We have 3 more of them to find so will probably return for those this afternoon.

Was a really good day and was my sons birthday and he spent alot of it doing what he enjoys. This was all followed up by a huge (25 people) family meal at the harvester...yum!

Simon

Sounds like your having fun. Did you say that you had placed one of your own caches? If so how's that been going? The weather here (Bedfordshire) has been awful so I havent been geocaching in a few weeks B) Poor excuse I know. We have our own series Hockliffe Series

Edited by hothayley2000

Hows the caching going? Still enjoying the excitement that it brings :)

Simon

Sounds like your having fun. Did you say that you had placed one of your own caches? If so how's that been going? The weather here (Bedfordshire) has been awful so I havent been geocaching in a few weeks B) Poor excuse I know. We have our own series Hockliffe Series

Yes we did, coords where a tad off (placed with iphone) but have been updated. Its had a few visits. We now have 15 finds under our belt and everytime we've gone out its been chucking it down but we went anyway....lol