Magellan Explorist 400

I have in my possession one of the above GPSrs.. However it has a cracked screen, but I'm assured that apart from that it works just perfectly.

Magellan quoted a silly amount for a repair. I was wondering if anyone had a similar model (Or I believe a 100/200/300) with a fault other than a cracked screen.

I have the 400 taken apart and I'm quite confident I can do the screen transplant operation!

I'd just like to use this as an extra GPSr when I'm out walking with groups of students at school.

Have you found a suitable transplant donor?

The power switch sheared off of the circuit board on mine. I have been trying to find a new switch to solder onto the board, but I haven't had any success.

I was thinking about using it as a travel bug. Maybe I could pull the screen out before launching it as a TB.

Edited by tenEARs5HARTs

Have you found a suitable transplant donor?

The power switch sheared off of the circuit board on mine. I have been trying to find a new switch to solder onto the board, but I haven't had any success.

I was thinking about using it as a travel bug. Maybe I could pull the screen out before launching it as a TB.

Nope - no doner as yet.. and would love a replacement screen... I've sent you a PM...