Event opportunities for North and South Manitou Island

SunshineGang

In an Earlier thread I posted about our Survivor event on North Manitou Island June 27, 2010 GC22C87

We just listed an Event on South Manitou Island for July 10, 2010 GC248HT

These island are part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore located in Northern Michigan. Both Islands require a 10 mile ferry ride and are great back packing destinations

South Manitou island is the smaller and more traveled island. The camp sites are marked and there are more potable water sources and toliets available in various spots on the island.

North Manitou is the larger and less traveled island. There is only 1 potable water source & toilet located at the dock. The rest of the 15,000 acres is pure wilderness. Campsites are not marked you simply find a spot and setup camp.

I am planning to do North Manitou with my geocaching friends and am planning to take my 11 year old daughter to South Manitou for her first backpacking adventure.

In an Earlier thread I posted about our Survivor event on North Manitou Island June 27, 2010 GC22C87

We just listed an Event on South Manitou Island for July 10, 2010 GC248HT

These island are part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore located in Northern Michigan. Both Islands require a 10 mile ferry ride and are great back packing destinations

South Manitou island is the smaller and more traveled island. The camp sites are marked and there are more potable water sources and toliets available in various spots on the island.

North Manitou is the larger and less traveled island. There is only 1 potable water source & toilet located at the dock. The rest of the 15,000 acres is pure wilderness. Campsites are not marked you simply find a spot and setup camp.

I am planning to do North Manitou with my geocaching friends and am planning to take my 11 year old daughter to South Manitou for her first backpacking adventure.

sounds really cool, i love n manitou,