Proximity alarm - garmin

The Baggster

I suggest you switch it off, who needs more distractions.

Although I must try the dragging anchor alarm, now that has got potential for an amusing few minutes in the forest.

I agree with this, it is annoying, and it gives you little in the way of location beyond a beep! I'd rather look at the needle and figures going down

Although I must try the dragging anchor alarm, now that has got potential for an amusing few minutes in the forest.

I agree with this, it is annoying, and it gives you little in the way of location beyond a beep! I'd rather look at the needle and figures going down

That's fine if you want to walk along staring at your GPS.

Me - I'd rather look at what's around me and then let the alarm tell me when I need to unclip the GPS and start staring at the arrow instead...... :blink:

That's fine if you want to walk along staring at your GPS.

Me - I'd rather look at what's around me and then let the alarm tell me when I need to unclip the GPS and start staring at the arrow instead...... :blink:

I don't do that, I look at the heading, walk towards the target, only checking at intervals, once near obviously the GPSr is used more often, very often you can sense the location, from the arrow direction and distance, no need to have a peeeep to tell you that you are near. :shocked:

I have mine to 10m, as this gives me time to look around while I am walking to a cache and not looking at the arrow all the time. As if you go out in the dark you need to look where you are walking B)

I must admit 10m or 30' for me, if I am of the beaten track I am following the arrow or map or what ever.

If walking along a foot path/ track by the time I've reacted I am normally just on the spot...

Think the distance might be set with your profile on the Oregon? So you can have it different for different activities.

I just wish the anchor alarm was louder (any tips?) when you find yourself at anchor you want it to wake you!

Gerrit

I use a 60CSx and still have not discovered how to set multiple proximity alerts (or a general alert for all caches if they are in range) for my POI loaded caches

I hope I have explained this correctly: I use POI's as my cache locations (coz I can get thousands loaded at once) and I would like the Proximity alarm to sound when I am near any of them.

Can this be done?