PA- AGT coins

George1

Just wondering what others did with their Allegheny Geo Trail coins? Did you keep them or put them in circulation? The reason I'm asking is I am getting involved in another Geo Trail in this area and I wondered if giving out trackable coins was worth it? If most people kept them maybe the extra expense of trackable coins is not worth it.

I kept mine and would not part with them unless quite a bit of money was mentioned. I have heard of a few AGT coins being found in Caches, but not many. What did you do with your coins? Did you ever find one in another Cache?

My Coins

438432820_XFqYP-L.jpg

We kept ours. It is a nice keepsake for making the trek to the other side of the state. Was it worth it for the tourism department? We spent a week in the area and stayed at the local campsites, bought food and various other stuff along the way, so yes.

We have moved along some of the AGT coins that had been released.

The dogs loved the trek too. Woof woof.

just wanted to put this idea out there... you could always activate your coins and either photocopy or print out a sheet with pictures of both sides of the coin and a description and place it in a cache, theres no need to take a chance on loosing them :blink: thats my plan

Did the same thing as George1 so far...got the plaque, although in cherry finish...there is another place that is making a plaque in the shape of PA with the holes cut out and plexi on both sides so you can turn it around and see the backs of the coins as well.... It is a very nice piece but I don't remember who was making and selling them. Another person was making it in a picture frame style and had a spot in the middle you could put the passport as well...

Sadly, George1 is no longer with us do to a kayaking accident..., but George, you really got me moving on these caches...still have 4 counties to go, but I'll get them.

Finally finished the AGT Challenge last week. Only took four visits to the area, countless tanks of gas and two friends who wouldn't allow me to give up easily.

Thanks to them and their kindness, they graciously picked up my coins for me from Oil City, PA last Monday and then hand delivered them to me a few days later. I doubt that I'll ever send them out, but will probably purchase one of the display plaques to put them in.

LPYankeeFan

Hagerstown, MD

Edited by lpyankeefan

That board is excellent! I won't be sending mine out into the wild for someone else to keep. I did find a Cameron County coin in a cache and move it along. I just checked and the person who logged a retrieval 3 months ago still has it. I plan to build a two sided picture frame for mine. More about "another Geo Trail in this area" please?

We've got two coins so far. Crawford and Venango. I doubt that we send ours out. I see too many coins (not just the AGT's) that go out and someone adds them to their collection. The point to trackables for the most part is move on. I think that I saw it on one of the boards, don't send anything out if you are not willing to lose it. We have put a lot of money just into traveling to get our first two coins to not keep them. We have spent plenty of money on Gas, food, etc. in all the communities that we've traveled through. Originally we were thinking that we'd only get the two counties that boarder us, but now we are thinking about getting them all.

Thanks to all those who put in the effort to pull this together! We're loving it.

Can't wait to hear about the next Geotrail!!!