motorola Droid for use in Geocaching?

hereford

I am using the moment....which runs on the android platform.....and I have tried geobeagle, cachemate and (removed) none of them are perfect....they get you in the area, but I am looking to buy a new gpsr to buddy up to my phone.....that. being said (reference to unauthorized application removed) has a great linkup to gc.com....and that is great!!!! And I wouldn't give up my Android for anything....you are gonna love the phone....

Carrie

Edited by Keystone

I have an eTrex Venture HC, but my husband has a HTC Droid Eris - they pair up great together, since my GPS and compas seems to be a bit more accurate, but with his, we can access the webpage and check for any hints while still going paperless. His GPS and compas is certainly accurate enough that we could cache with JUST it, too, but I like having my own toy.

We've tried several different programs - everything from a basic compas, to the more developed things like geobeagle (which we liked). None of them are perfect, and you'll have to play around to figure out which one you like, but there's about a dozen caching programs in the droid apps store, so you should be able to find something you like. Plus - I believe an official Groundspeak app for android is comming out in the next couple months.

Hello- I am thinking about the M Droid cell phone and the tech at verizon store did not have geo ? answers- anyone out there know if this could be used for our geocaching?? we curently use Garmin rino 530s' and what would the droid add to our adventures? thanx! :blink:

I just got a Droid and am playing around with geobeagle and cachemate. I'm using an additional program to cut down on the sensitivity of the compass and gps. Did my first caching with the droid last weekend. the cachemate compass brought me directly to 2 of the 3 caches, and off by about 2 yards on the third. Geobeagle was very close on all three.

The interface of both take a little bit to get used to, I plan on checking them out more this or next weekend depending on the weather.

[reference to unauthorized application removed by moderator.]

Geobeagle and [removed] are free, cachemate is $8.00

Edited by Keystone

I am using the moment....which runs on the android platform.....and I have tried geobeagle, cachemate and (removed) none of them are perfect....they get you in the area, but I am looking to buy a new gpsr to buddy up to my phone.....that. being said (reference to unauthorized application removed) has a great linkup to gc.com....and that is great!!!! And I wouldn't give up my Android for anything....you are gonna love the phone....

Carrie

thank you for your support- getting the phones next week and can not wait to start learning- seems like much available just need to pick what works best! keep me updated on any news or tips you come across!

I have an eTrex Venture HC, but my husband has a HTC Droid Eris - they pair up great together, since my GPS and compas seems to be a bit more accurate, but with his, we can access the webpage and check for any hints while still going paperless. His GPS and compas is certainly accurate enough that we could cache with JUST it, too, but I like having my own toy.

We've tried several different programs - everything from a basic compas, to the more developed things like geobeagle (which we liked). None of them are perfect, and you'll have to play around to figure out which one you like, but there's about a dozen caching programs in the droid apps store, so you should be able to find something you like. Plus - I believe an official Groundspeak app for android is comming out in the next couple months.

thank you to all for replies and your support- getting the phones next week and can not wait to start learning- seems like much available just need to pick what works best! keep me updated on any news or tips you come across! as I will the same- email pls!

thank you to all for replies and your support- getting the phones next week and can not wait to start learning- seems like much available just need to pick what works best! keep me updated on any news or tips you come across! as I will the same- email pls!

[reference to unauthorized application removed by moderator.] Groundspeak is currently working on an app for the droid platform similar to the one that they have for the iphone. :)

Hello- I am thinking about the M Droid cell phone and the tech at verizon store did not have geo ? answers- anyone out there know if this could be used for our geocaching?? we curently use Garmin rino 530s' and what would the droid add to our adventures? thanx! :)

I just got a Droid and am playing around with geobeagle and cachemate. I'm using an additional program to cut down on the sensitivity of the compass and gps. Did my first caching with the droid last weekend. the cachemate compass brought me directly to 2 of the 3 caches, and off by about 2 yards on the third. Geobeagle was very close on all three.

The interface of both take a little bit to get used to, I plan on checking them out more this or next weekend depending on the weather.

[reference to unauthorized application removed by moderator.]

Geobeagle and [removed] are free, cachemate is $8.00