Chance to win a 2010 Lackey Geocoin.

We won a 2007 lacky coin in the 2008 Harrogate Mega Event raffle only to find that it was already activated to Signal and they wouldn't transfer ownership!

Well worthwhile :lol:

Mark

I've got a 2005 Lackey coin, was owned by Signal, now owned by me... :D

(Adopted over to me, after I asked)

I have 2 2005 coins, which were owned by Signal, at first they couldn't transfer ownership and I asked again about a year or so later and they now belong to me. I also got a 2009 one last year and that one I activated myself.

We won a 2007 lacky coin in the 2008 Harrogate Mega Event raffle only to find that it was already activated to Signal and they wouldn't transfer ownership!

Well worthwhile :lol:

Mark

I've got a 2005 Lackey coin, was owned by Signal, now owned by me... :D

(Adopted over to me, after I asked)

I've got also got a 2005 coin that was transferred to me when I asked.

wouldn't it be a bit odd entering a competition called "Tell Groundspeak why you like being a PM", when you aren't one?

It doesnt say that bit untill you have waited for the page to load for 5 min's on your blackberry all the front says to drag you in is:

Chance to win a 2010 Lackey Geocoin.

Tell Groundspeak why you like being a Premium Member

Oh yes, it's in "Off Topic" so you have to be a Premium Member to add your comment! :lol:

:D

Now there is a good question... Why do you like being a Premium Member??

I am new to the GeoCaching process.... Although I have been a "lurking" member, for some time now.. I have just recently been able to gather enough info and cash to aford to purchace my first GPSr and get started on my Geocaching journey . :D

I was so excited and thought I had was ready to start my adventure...

THEN I found out that I wasnt quite ready... I would need to purchace a few maps... Then I would be ready... ;) So I did... now I would be ready...

Ummm, no...

For I have now discovered that if I want to go "paperless"... I should also go premium?.... :D

Before my after expenses out weigh my intial GPSr costs... Can anyone please share what other benefits there are for becoming a Premium Member?

( Sorry if this is in the wrong spot for this post... but the lure of winning a 2010 Lackey Geocoin lured me in too :lol: )

You don't need to go premium to go paperless. Without the premium membership you have to download each cache one by one. The premium account allows you to download up to 500 caches at once with a macro known as a 'pocket query'. Which IMHO is well worth the fee.

There are of course other PM privileges such as email notifications and extra forums etc. But none of these are a must to go paperless.

As I said in my response to this thread, I originally went PM for the PM only caches. Now I've been a PM, I'd never give it up because of the other features, the PMO caches are now secondary.

I am new to the GeoCaching process.... Although I have been a "lurking" member, for some time now.. I have just recently been able to gather enough info and cash to aford to purchace my first GPSr and get started on my Geocaching journey . :shocked:

( Sorry if this is in the wrong spot for this post... but the lure of winning a 2010 Lackey Geocoin lured me in too :blink: )

Did you buy a Garmin?

If you register it with Garmin, you get a limited trial of Premium Membership... FREE!!!

I am new to the GeoCaching process.... Although I have been a "lurking" member, for some time now.. I have just recently been able to gather enough info and cash to aford to purchace my first GPSr and get started on my Geocaching journey . :D

( Sorry if this is in the wrong spot for this post... but the lure of winning a 2010 Lackey Geocoin lured me in too :blink: )

Did you buy a Garmin?

If you register it with Garmin, you get a limited trial of Premium Membership... FREE!!!

Hi Bear and Ragged,

Unfortunately, I didn't buy a Garmin :shocked: .

I purchased a Magellan Triton 500. I know there were/are some issues with that model, but for the price that I was able to purchase it for, it offered a lot of "future" features/benefits that may be helpful later on in my Geocaching journey... And since I had nothing to compare it to starting out, I would have to learn the ins and out's of that product right from the start... As I would have to do with any other unit...

So far, so good (although I have yet to get it out "hunting" yet... :blink: )

While not a requirement, I think I would like the added feature of being able to download and store more detail of the cache on the unit itself. ( I realize I could also just bring this info along in a notebook, or printed sheet...)

It seems like those who have upgraded to the Premium Membership are happy with their decision. And it does also go to help support the Groundspeak site.. and that benefits everyone involved in Geocaching, old and new... So that in it self is very good... Hmmm. Decisions, Decisions...

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

You don't need to go premium to go paperless. Without the premium membership you have to download each cache one by one. The premium account allows you to download up to 500 caches at once with a macro known as a 'pocket query'. Which IMHO is well worth the fee.

There are of course other PM privileges such as email notifications and extra forums etc. But none of these are a must to go paperless.

As I said in my response to this thread, I originally went PM for the PM only caches. Now I've been a PM, I'd never give it up because of the other features, the PMO caches are now secondary.

Thank you Andy K, good information to know, I appreciate the feedback, and will use it to decide whether or not to upgrade my membership. Sounds like there are a lot of benefits of doing so.

Congratulations! :D

Bet you're glad I posted the link!

I won a coin as well so thank you for posting the link ;) I was asked for a photo as well - anyone else??

I also won a coin, will need to take a photo of me out caching too.

And please also accept my thanks for posting the link. I've got another (older) Lackey geocoin although it's officially registered to Signal the Frog for reasons I don't understand.

Congratulations! :P

Bet you're glad I posted the link!

I won a coin as well so thank you for posting the link :D I was asked for a photo as well - anyone else??

I also won a coin, will need to take a photo of me out caching too.

And please also accept my thanks for posting the link. I've got another (older) Lackey geocoin although it's officially registered to Signal the Frog for reasons I don't understand.

Yes, thank you very much for posting the link.

team tisri my first two lackey coins were the same. If you email Jen who has already been in touch with you and give her your current coin's number she should hopefully be able to help you?

Why did I become a PM? :D

Well, the ability to find Premium caches is nice however the added ability to manipulate maps and download caches with the use of Pocket Queries is worth more then the pocket change every year. I also enjoy the ability to do Caches along a Route so whenever I plan a trip, I have all the info with just a few keystrokes, that provides me with "cache happiness". Not that I am addicted or anything, but my trips usually turn into caching adventures and getting from points "A" to "B", usually involves a side trip to "Z"! The ability to get notification for newly published caches has also added a bit of an advantage if you enjoy being FTF! With the notices, you don't have to be glued to a computer, it can go straight to your phone; and with the recent advances in phone technology, you can get to those caches much quicker :D The last aspect that I need to mention is the ability to go paperless. When you get the opportunity to do as many caches in one day as you can handle, it is something you can't do without. I shouldn't type this, because Groundspeak is listening :) but all of the "perks" are worth more to me then what I paid (however, it is important to be cost conscience because of the economy...). happy caching, everyone!

Has anyone received their coins yet? I'm hoping mine is not lost in the post :)

No not yet, they haven't announced that they have chosen the quotes, and I don't believe they have listed any of them either?

I got an email saying my quote had been selected and they asked for my postal address.

Has anyone received their coins yet? I'm hoping mine is not lost in the post :)

No not yet, they haven't announced that they have chosen the quotes, and I don't believe they have listed any of them either?

I got an email saying my quote had been selected and they asked for my postal address.

I can see that I may have worded it wrong, what I mean is that they haven't publicly told anyone that they have been in touch with cachers saying that they are going to use their quotes. So back on the main thread people are still listing their thoughts. So until they are at the point of saying thanks but we have got what we want, or even publish the quotes in what they are doing, they may not send the coins out until then?

It's just a thought, I am willing to wait and see what happens.

It's nice to see that out of the entire world all 3 main pictures are British cachers. :)

Am I correct in thinking the majority of quotes come from UK cachers?

Certainly seem to recognise a fair few names!

Congratulations to those selected. ;)

Yooo hoooo and ME!!!!!!

A BIG thank you to Bear and Ragged fo the link.

Showed my class of Year 6 earlier today ( took them out caching on our caches last week) they gave me a round of applause :)