I've got it, bad

Coyote's Girl

So my husband and I were watching one of the gun shows on History (You know, the ones with the guy from Full Metal Jacket?) and they're showcasing the world's smallest machine gun. He's excited about the ongoing distruction. My comment? "Aww! Look at the wee little ammo can!" Later that weekend he's watching "The Island that Time Forgot" and at the end, one of the guys tosses his story out into the ocean in some sort of jar. I said "That container is totally not waterproof." I think I've been warped beyond repair. Anyone else?

Yup.... you've got it bad!! :laughing: While I have yet to read of a cure, the prescribed treatment seem to involve running around outside!!! I have discovered many support groups you can join to ease the suffering of the afflicted and their family members! :laughing:;)

edit to add- My wife has reported a similar affliction in me. The "oooh that would be a good spot for a hide" mutation of the disease.

Edited by NeecesandNephews

Well, it seems from your post that I have cought the same affliction. And my children must have caught it from me. When we pass a cache that we've found we all yell, "Geocache" and when we see holes in fench posts or birdhouses in trees we think that's a perfect spot for a cache.

We...he he he "I've" started a blog about my little stuffed pink elephant Melvin and his Geocache travels. I take him to every caching hunt I go on and take pictures of him with the cache......um, did someone mention a support group?

Well, it seems from your post that I have cought the same affliction. And my children must have caught it from me. When we pass a cache that we've found we all yell, "Geocache" and when we see holes in fench posts or birdhouses in trees we think that's a perfect spot for a cache.

We...he he he "I've" started a blog about my little stuffed pink elephant Melvin and his Geocache travels. I take him to every caching hunt I go on and take pictures of him with the cache......um, did someone mention a support group?

Perhaps AA could help with the subject of the blog?? As for caching, it will either pass fairly quickly or else you are doomed forever... just try for moderation in the later case, or at least hope that there are sufficient caches in the world to last your lifetime... Sorry about the kids... It sounds as if the wife escaped it, for now anyway...

Doug

One of my co-workers eats his milk and cereal out of small lock-n-lock. Drives me up a wall!

You are not suppose to be using those for food!

Keep watching, closely. Perhaps he doesn't know they are reusable! Reuse for another purpose would be better than recycling, eh!

Doug

I think this has bitten my wife and I as well. We now have a half a dozen things that "will make a really cool container." We've only found 70, but every one we find that is more devious than the last, we think how we could make it more twisted. When we eventually hide one, I hope we can make it as fun for people to find as the ones we have found have been for us.

Later!

I'm certain some of you have had the pleasure of preparing for a colonoscopy. I have yet to experience that particular pleasure but my better half has. After he finishes drinking that horrible stuff that made him almost puke on top of what it was supposed to do to him...without me even asking or mentioning anything...he washes out the container and removes the label and presents it to me saying, "I think this would make a pretty good cache container."

Now that is dedication coming from someone who really isn't into caching as I am. :lol:

He doesn't have it bad...but he sure knows that I do! :D

Toss me into this group as well. The sad thing is my 6 YO daughter has the disease! Whenever we are out and about ever now and then I will hear her say"Daddy, wouldnt that be a great spot for a cache." Funny thing is, she is usually right. The girl eyeballs the places for hides before I can even formulate the thought in mind! Now thats not only true talent but also proves that the disease is contageous! HLN1, look out! You have some competition! :lol:

We know the feeling! Anytime my husband sees people on TV finding anything anything he shouts "their caching!" and when there is an interesting or scenic location on a show... "there has to be a cache there!" And any container is rated by it's viability as a cache hide!!!

We know the feeling! Anytime my husband sees people on TV finding anything anything he shouts "their caching!" and when there is an interesting or scenic location on a show... "there has to be a cache there!" And any container is rated by it's viability as a cache hide!!!

I play World of Warcraft and as I'm running around I'll occasionally see a nice big hidey spot created between a bush and a tree or a tree and a rock wall and I catch myself thinking, "Ooo that would be a good place for a hide". Way too immersive :lol:

Hi! My name is HawkL...and...and I'm a GeoCacher. I admit it!!!

The morphing is almost complete. I carry my GPS with me almost everywhere. At the store, I make my purchases sometimes based on the geo-reusability of the container. And...I even (GASP) pulled a lock-n-lock out of the trash at work that someone had discarded. So what if it had a little baked on schmootz...a few minutes in a little hot water and *voila* into the box it goes for future use.

Perhaps AA could help with the subject of the blog?? As for caching, it will either pass fairly quickly or else you are doomed forever... just try for moderation in the later case, or at least hope that there are sufficient caches in the world to last your lifetime... Sorry about the kids... It sounds as if the wife escaped it, for now anyway...

Doug

Doug,

I am the wife. It seems my husband is immune to the disease. But he still manages to bring me home containers that he thinks would make great caches. Or thinks I need a new vehicle that will, oh I don't know, float on a river, fly like a plane, climb over that small mountain that I probably shouldn't have taken our vehicle over. Hmph!

Doug,

I am the wife. It seems my husband is immune to the disease. But he still manages to bring me home containers that he thinks would make great caches. Or thinks I need a new vehicle that will, oh I don't know, float on a river, fly like a plane, climb over that small mountain that I probably shouldn't have taken our vehicle over. Hmph!

OOPs! I'll use the old in a hurry / typing on line / not paying enough attention bit... besides I should have said either spouse or other half etc...

I hope you don't discourage him from getting you a better vehicle though... of course it is less expensive to drive around things.

Personally, I try to keep my caching urges under control enough to allow for the rest of my life to happen.

Just wish my 'other half' would be a little more interested... but she does go out sometimes.

Doug

I've been watching Band of Brothers since I obtained the entire series on DVD. Making stew in an ammo box,

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

It is one of the view DVD's Iown. I have the metal case set. It is the best series I have seen to date. Especially WWII related. I can watch it anytime and never get sick of it. Amazing what our fathers and grandfathers (in my case) did for us.

-WHO-DEY

I've been watching Band of Brothers since I obtained the entire series on DVD. Making stew in an ammo box,

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Foxtrot Tango Foxtrot

Delta November Foxtrot

Lima Papa Charlie

Funny stuff

is one of the view DVD's Iown. I have the metal case set. It is the best series I have seen to date. Especially WWII related. I can watch it anytime and never get sick of it. Amazing what our fathers and grandfathers (in my case) did for us.

-WHO-DEY

Young-un... My grandfather was a WWI vet

Edited by Andronicus

As I was flying back from Houston last weekend, I got out my GPSr to find out what cities and rivers I was seeing. I also discovered we were traveling 570 MPH at 39,000 feet.

I wondered if it was possible to create a cache up there. Virtual caches aren't allowed any more, and there really wasn't anything to justify an earthcache, so maybe a waymark? Or is that just too far-fetched?

Yeah, I got it bad. The good news is that I did find a few caches in Texas, and even dropped off a TB.

Phone call with my sister the other day.

Sis: We'll be up in KC in April for your niece's ice skating competition.

Me: Oh yea, what's the date?

Sis: We'll be there from the 8th to the 11th.

Me: Uh Oh.

Sis: What do you mean, "Uh Oh"?

Me: I'll be out of town those same dates.

Sis: Don't tell me it has something to do with geocaching!

Me: Yep.

Sis: You mean to tell me you'd miss your niece ice skating to go do some geocaching thing?

Me: Well DUH!

Needless to say that didn't go over too well. But hey, it's MOGA for crying out loud! I'm not addicted. Really, I can stop at any time. :blink:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Or in a helmet. Bleh!

That doesn't bother me. Helmets make lousy cache containers. Making stew in an ammo box is a waste of a perfectly good ammo box.

Is that because it violates the "no food in the container" guideline? :blink:

Doug