A haunted cach site turns into be a blessing

rm1911

Ok, this is sort of strange on the front end. I hid a slim ammo can on a location in Bastrop County Texas that is reportedly a haunted location.

I placed a US Marshal's Poker Chip for the FTF's collection. I also had placed a coin that was trying to get back to Houston which I located in Columbus, GA.

I had two cachers email me (PhantompHrog and Great Scotts) the day the cache was listed. Both relayed that the can wasn't there.

Where I placed this cache it was a 98% reality that know person would stumble on it. Wrong.

So when I got the emails from my caching friends I was totally baffled. Where could it have gone? I started thinking about the haunting of this location. I actually thought some mischevious ghost played a trick on me!

I placed another cache (flare tube TIED onto the structure) and PhantompHrog went to locate it this am. Low and behold...I get a msg from Phantom...He located the original cache container in a strange way.

Phantom was at the location and a truck passed by. Phantom waived to the driver and the driver put the truck in reverse. Phantom explained what he was doing and get this!!!! This driver was looking for some salvage material at this location and looked up at the correct "odd" angle and saw this can.

He took it, not knowing what it is.

This is where this story takes a sweet turn. The truck driver is the Grandfather and primary care giver of three children that suffered a catastrophic event in their young lives. Phantom explained Geocaching to the GrandDad and he did the Lords work. The oldest of the three children is now (as well as all) getting involved in Geocaching.

Sorry for the long read, but it's so worthy of a tradgedy turning into a blessing. The oldest child was perhaps the most traumatized by the event in his life. Phantom did God's work.

Leaving this on a light note! I have my ammo can back and Phantom gave the US Marshal's coin as well as the FTF to the "soon to be geocacher"!

Phantom is a great person as his spouse. I am so fortunate to have them in my life due to Geocaching.

God play's his puppet show and I love how he makes this puppet dance! He treats me well.

Thanks Phantom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my cache gets bulldozed and one of the construction guys finds it. He shows it to a guy who knows a little about Geocaching and he mentions the cache to a guy that is a cacher, who knows it’s my cache. Gods work? – HUH? – or just a chain of events just like your story.

Edited by WatchDog2020