The Great Ridgewood View Trash Out!

Kyle S

Hi all,

Spurred by the encouragement of local Geocachers (and the 'Trash Out' ethic of the Geocaching community) Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District is sponsoring a clean-up of Ridgewood View Park on May 10th, 2003. The park has been home to 4 different caches over the last year and I have received numerous questions about all those curious square, metal plates strewn about the wooded area, as well as about the trash all along the numerous dirt trails criss-crossing the woods.

Our goal will be to pick up the trash and encourage neighborhood stewardship of the park. And, if we have enough people there, we will also remove some of the ivy which is climbing the trees and out-competing the native plants. I will be providing all the necessary tools and supplies (garbage bags, loppers, water, bagels) and will have a truck to fill with the garbage we haul out. Please bring heavy (leather) gloves and wear clothing appropriate to the work and our famous Oregon weather.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 503-645-3539 or kspinks@thprd.com.

Thanks and I hope to see all of you there!

Kyle S (THPRD guy)

Wow! It's only been about an hour and I've received a couple calls about this clean-up.

We'll be meeting at 9:00 AM the main entrance to Ridgewood View Park at the end of SW Ardenwood Street.

Hope to see y'all there.

Kyle S (THPRD guy)

If you send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com with a local zipcode I can also send an email to local area geocachers and let them know about the event. Posting a cache in trash out event cache would work as well.

Good luck! Sounds like a noble cause icon_smile.gif

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location