International CITO Day T-Shirt

iryshe

We're also having branded trash bags with the CITO and Geocaching logo made for dirt cheap, if you want to go that route.

The only issue I see is with shipping, which is $5 at a base price. I'd welcome any suggestions for bulk ordering shirts. More established areas have groups that could get the shirts but areas without organizations may need some alternative.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

We're also having branded trash bags with the CITO and Geocaching logo made for dirt cheap, if you want to go that route.

The only issue I see is with shipping, which is $5 at a base price. I'd welcome any suggestions for bulk ordering shirts. More established areas have groups that could get the shirts but areas without organizations may need some alternative.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Perhaps organizers of event caches could take orders for the shirts, then hand them out at the event? If it would make for a savings on shipping.

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

I don't care what people want to pick up in the privacy of their own homes, but I don't want my kids to stumble upon some environmentalists picking up trash in a public park. icon_wink.gif

But, since I am so tolerant of other people's beliefs, I will volunteer to be a Southern California depot if you need one. I am pretty central to many geocachers. If you want to ship me 100 or so, and have people pay you directly with paypal (or some other way), I can distribute them to people here, thereby saving the individual shipping. I am central to Ventura, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice that anyone that caches less than you do is a moron, while anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac? -Dru Morgan

I'm considering some kind of consignment, so local orgs can just order a bunch of shirts and sell them at the event. That way they don't have to pay the money up front. Afterwards they can send us a check for whatever they sell.

The only worry is overentheusiastic organizations over ordering shirts. I'm sure we can work out some reasonable requests though.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Today, Magellan agreed to support and promote Cache In Trash Out Day! This is great news for the Geocaching sport as it will allow us to provide the shirts and trash bags at a significant discount, as well as bring positive attention to our sport.

This is the back of the t-shirt which will now be $3/each. We're incredibly excited that Magellan has decided to sponsor this event.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

We'll try to get them out to the international community as fast as we can. We intentionally left out a specific date if we can't get the international community involved by the 26th, but I'm fairly confident we can get everything done by then.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

If they're as nice as the bright yellow vest I got from you I'll suit out the whole tribe. The vest is the only article of clothing I have ever worn where on two seperate occasions a stranger has walked up and said, "where did you get the cool jacket?" I now just carry cards with geocaching.com printed on them in my jacket pocket.

Hell of a lot easier then trying to explain this crazy hobby in less than 10 mintues. By the time I get to the tupperware in the woods I know they really want ot be somewhere else and not talking to a madman.

Screen printed by our friends up at Sunrise Identity.

From the shop Groundspeak site:

"The shirts are screenprinted using the same material made to mold PVC pipes, and fused into the shirt before it is "baked" into the fabric. This is different from some silkscreening where the pattern is ironed on or applied to the shirt directly."

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

RE: Consignment to local groups. Michigan wants some. When will the details on this arrangement be available? Will the arrangement be different than just ordering via the web site? If you plan on contacting groups individually, please include steering@mi-geocaching.org in the communication. WE WANT A BUNCH icon_wink.gif lol

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

It would be great to hand them out at the Pizza Event we're having on the 6th. If not, maybe I'll do a bulk order for all the people who attend (that way I don't have to guess on the sizes).

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

At first I thought Dru was offering to have the trash drpooed off at her place??!! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
But, since I am so tolerant of other people's beliefs, I will volunteer to be a Southern California depot if you need one

But seriously it's a great design and very cool to get the sponsors involved. I plan on making it the first offical piece of geowear in my wardrobe.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:

Will the head- and arm-holes be pre-cut, or do you have to do that yourself?

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

I love the logos and am thrilled that you got Magellan on-board.

My two-bits on the layout would be to have the CITO design big on the back and the gc.com on the front on the chest. Maybe to do the right thing for Magellan, put their name on the back above the CITO design.

Just my humble thougts.

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

At first I thought Dru was offering to have the trash drpooed off at her place??!! icon_biggrin.gif

OK, not to go too far off subject here. But is my avatar not enough to convince you of my gender? I know the picture of me at 5 with long blonde hair could be ambiguous, but this one should be clear that Dru is a 'he'. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway. I'm not sure if there is an official organization in Los Angeles to handle the order, but if nobody steps up, I will be happy to take 100 shirts and send you a check. We just had a picnic in Orange County that I visited that had about 140 cachers there.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice that anyone that caches less than you do is a moron, while anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac? -Dru Morgan

Jeremy, this is going slightly OT regarding the shirts, but...

I'm intending to buy a couple from geocacheuk.com, but am wondering whether or not it's possible to use the design off the shirts on "Cache-In, Trash-Out" containers?

In most caches I visit, I leave these containers (which are basically photo-film cannisters with a trash bag packed inside).

Normally, I'd email about such a matter, but I thought others on the forums might be interested too.

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

soapbox.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

quote:
Originally posted by wimseyguy:

OK, not to go too far off subject here. But is my avatar not enough to convince you of my gender? I know the picture of me at 5 with long blonde hair could be ambiguous, but this one should be clear that Dru is a 'he'. icon_rolleyes.gif

Has this been an issue for you during your whole life?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I'd like to see the trashbag design, too.

I'd like to leave some in caches - I like Kouros' idea, but maybe I can find something similar to those film cannisters to leave them in. I guess it depends how big the bags are. Maybe Jeremy would start selling little containers for individual bags to be left in caches.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

[This message was edited by dustyjacket on March 29, 2003 at 06:05 AM.]

Great idea! Kudos to you and Magellan for their involvement.

Jeremy, will you be posting in here the details on ordering or will the Ts and bags be listed on the regular merchandise page? I'd like to combine my CITO order with a couple regular items, if possible. icon_smile.gif

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high,

And don't be afraid of the dark

The shirts will be on the Shop Groundspeak Page along with the other items. Sunrise was nice enough to help us with disseminating them.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll see about the size of the trash bags. They're white with the Magellan, Geocaching and CITO logo. I don't know what the cost is yet.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

quote:

I'm considering some kind of consignment, so local orgs can just order a bunch of shirts and sell them at the event. That way they don't have to pay the money up front. Afterwards they can send us a check for whatever they sell.

Any decision on this? I'd like to get a bunch of shirts for the River City Geocaching Society but I don't want to pay for them upfront myself.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif