Maybe slightly O/T, But ain't this the truth!

Mr. 0

I don't think it's all that off-topic. I thought it was interesting that the driver was pitching a ciggy butt. It's amazing how many smokers (around here, at least) don't even consider that littering. If there were any justice, every time a smoker pitched his butt out the window, an observing police officer would fine them $500.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

I read that in Sunday's paper too... Can we log it?? icon_smile.gificon_razz.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-076.gif

No, I think this would be a virtual. icon_wink.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
Originally posted by Cupajo:

I don't think it's all that off-topic. I thought it was interesting that the driver was pitching a ciggy butt. It's amazing how many smokers (around here, at least) don't even consider that littering. If there were any justice, every time a smoker pitched his butt out the window, an observing police officer would fine them $500.

Around here they just put up a bunch of signs everywhere stating that cig butts are litter. People didn't know it. Basically while they were plowing and salting roads this winter, they had drivers make note of badly littered areas and then threw signs all around that area.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

quote:

It is probably the smoke affecting their brains icon_biggrin.gif

Before you throw out a blanket statement you should realize that some of us that do smoke do not throw butts on the ground. I ash mine and place the butt in my pocket till I find a trash can. I tend to see many more power bar wrappers,cans,bottles,and other trash then cig butts on the trails.

Maybe its just the smoke clouding my brain though and those things don't really exist...lol

Great so instead of trash we have a sign every two feet, much better. Wasen't there a song about signs? Cannot remember the artist.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

quote:

Around here they just put up a bunch of signs everywhere stating that cig butts are litter. People didn't know it. Basically while they were plowing and salting roads this winter, they had drivers make note of badly littered areas and then threw signs all around that area.

Mr. 0

I read that comic too, definitely appropriate. It get so infuriated when I see people litter. When on the freeway, if I am behind someone who throws something out I blast my horn at them. I figure why not make them aware that they are affected more then themselves. I love the whole "cache in, trash out" idea.

CacheCreatures are spreading... They can hide, but they can't run!

17 years in the Army National Guard, with Basic, 91A (Combat Medic) Advanced Individual Training, ROTC Advanced Camp, Airborne School, NBC Defense Course, Infantry Officer Basic Course, 96B (Intel Analyst) Reserve Component Resident Course, 2 Warfighters, countless drill weekends, and at least a baker's dozen Annual Trainings, and with having to do dog knows how many police calls (FOD walks to Aviation types), I must have had to pick up at least a thousand cigarette butts, and I swear, when I retire in three years, I have a pack of smokes with a special mission planned for the first person I see toss a butt out their window. Since this is a family site, I won't go into too much detail other than to say that it involves something with the same name as what the bible refers to as a noble beast.

MnGCA-Button.gif"There comes a time in every rightfully constructed boy's life when he gets an urge to seek for buried treasure"--Mark Twain