New Magellan

JABs

Yes, this new unit is designed specifically for geocaching. It even has on the GPS "Getting Started" , "Glossary of Terms", "Geocaching types", and "Geoaching FAQ" selections on it to help newbies. Displays geocaching icons for different the different types. Still have not had the time to really play as much as I would wish

You have the breadcrumb trail so you can see where you have hiked.

You also have ability to organize and display geocaches based on type, size, terrain, difficulty....do you only want to do 1/1 trads large? sort from your 1000's to display just those.

..You also have ability to organize and display geocaches based on type, size, terrain, difficulty....do you only want to do 1/1 trads large? sort from your 1000's to display just those.

That sounds pretty handy! I wonder how it compares to the Lowrance Endura filtering setup.

..You also have ability to organize and display geocaches based on type, size, terrain, difficulty....do you only want to do 1/1 trads large? sort from your 1000's to display just those.

That sounds pretty handy! I wonder how it compares to the Lowrance Endura filtering setup.

Based on the screen shot above it looks very comparable to the Endura. I only have hands on with the Endura, but the options are nearly identical.

I have found a coupe caches with it so far. Still in learning curve mode.

Since I do a lot of back road caching, I could use topo maps so I can easily tell if the cache is on the mountain or on the other side. Map expansions would have really been nice.

Still more to discover and learn.

Had a newbie test it this morning. Handed to her and turned around to get in my safe. By the time I turned back around she was already reading cache descriptions and making comments. Her initial opinion was it is the easiest she has seen so far. I explained PQs to her and how she could create a PQ unzip the file and drag and drop to the unit then run out the door.

For you travel bug lovers it displays tells if the cache has TB listed at the time of generating the .gpx. As eventually you will be able to see pictures from the cache page it is also set up to show the attibutes for each cache. Saw where you can hand enter not only waypoints but geocaches. Have not had time to explore this feature yet.

I've made several custom backgrounds, you just need to create a .png and drag and drop to the correct file.

I don't see why such a negative reaction ?!

Very easy why such a negative reaction.. by the time Vantage Point software even loads, I can fire up EasyGps or g7towin (which loads up immediately) and have 400 geocaches already transferred to the Garmin

Alright,.. a Triton300 and a G1 phone,... GSAK,... uummm oh and a garmin 1300 (which does NOT work for caching)

OK,.. I guess I'm just a caching on the edge kind of person here,..

not happy with having to use the Vantage Point,.. but it's usable,...

Love my GSAK,.. (hard to update all not found cached and any regular intervals)

lots of steps involved in getting caches loaded to GSAK, and then export a file then open vantage point and import a file and then sync handheld,...

yeah,... it's complicated....