WWFM VII

drneal

I don't plan on attending any again.

The last we went to, security showed up just as we were going to our cars.

Not worth putting geocaching in a bad light.

A slightly new twist...

On Feb 16th, 150 teenage kids arranged a "flash mob" brawl in Philadelphia. They made the plans on facebook and twitter. Numerous disorderly conduct charges by the cops.

And just last May, also in Philly, dozens of kids totaled a gas station and injured pedestrians in another "flash mob" brawl. And also was arranged on facebook/twitter.

- the "flash mob" grew from a couple of dozen to 150 in ten months.

"Flash Mob Rampage" was the front page news in local papers.

Once things like this happen, it spreads (the power of the 'net) to other cities quickly, each having to out-do the last. How's your area doing?

The cops are probably going to look at "flash mob" in a different light after these incidents.

I'm staying clear.

Edited by cerberus1

Moving to proper forum

You missed. This is still geocaching. :D

:blink::shocked::blink: Yes, doesn't this belong in off topic?

To address Cerberus's post, I've heard of the police thwarting several general flash mobs organized on Facebook and other social networking sites. But those are pure flash mobs, like 300 people converging on a kiosk at a mall or something. I don't think Geocaching flash mobs would ever draw that sort of attention. Nor do I think many of them go off in true Flash Mob type fashion. Not that I've ever been to a WWFM event. :D

I don't plan on attending any again.

The last we went to, security showed up just as we were going to our cars.

Not worth putting geocaching in a bad light.

A slightly new twist...

On Feb 16th, 150 teenage kids arranged a "flash mob" brawl in Philadelphia. They made the plans on facebook and twitter. Numerous disorderly conduct charges by the cops.

And just last May, also in Philly, dozens of kids totaled a gas station and injured pedestrians in another "flash mob" brawl. And also was arranged on facebook/twitter.

- the "flash mob" grew from a couple of dozen to 150 in ten months.

"Flash Mob Rampage" was the front page news in local papers.

Once things like this happen, it spreads (the power of the 'net) to other cities quickly, each having to out-do the last. How's your area doing?

The cops are probably going to look at "flash mob" in a different light after these incidents.

I'm staying clear.

Thank you for informing us to stay away from uncivilized places like Philadelphia.