Camera w/GPS vs GPS w/Camera

MtnHermit

Or you could get a Android phone that has a camera on it (all if im not mistaken) and install BeenThere from the market, its a free app that adds a geotag to your photo when you use the default camera option on your phone, you can then upload the photos to any geo aware site like flickr, etc... or open the app on your phone which then places the images on a google maps layer showing where each photo was taken.

I upgraded to an Oregon 550 because of the camera and I like it alot. I'm very happy with the quality of photos and thrilled that now I carry one thing instead of 3 (GPSr, camera, PDA) when caching. That being said, it depends upon what your main purpose is. Is the main purpose a GPSr or a camera? I like having the photos geotagged but the main reason for getting it is for the GPSr with a bonus of having the camera built in (the choice of this model over others). It's great for hikes, Waymarking, and caching. However, when I just want good photos and don't need geotagging or a GPSr, I use a higher megapixel camera.

I also just got the 550 and so far great unit

jackrock, how are you with WAAS reception. Lots of other forum talk is that best to turn it off. Have used with & without it and results (GPS accuracy) are pretty close

I really have not played around with WAAS on it. Haven't checked to see how often it gets locks or not. I have it off most of the time and get great accuracy and reception so I don't miss it.