Ever had to strip down while caching?

Opalblade

Did some caching this weekend with a caching buddy sans kiddos. We went after some terrain 3's and on my way to a particular cache a cypress tree stabbed me just above the knee with two huge splinters (about 1 1/2 inches long). I could see the splinters sticking out of my jeans so I yanked them out and thought I was done with the whole thing but as I kept walking towards GZ I quickly realized that the splinters had broken inside my jeans. I limped on to GZ yelping all the way. I guess I sounded pretty pathetic b/c my caching buddy announced she would stand guard so I could take care of my little problems. Fortunately the cache was tucked into a steep rock wall so I had cover from that direction, but I was up on a hill and there was a trail about 100 feet downhill. So down went the jeans and it took me a nice long while to get the splinters (mostly) out. There was still a good quarter inch sticking out of each one.

I was thinking all of these things:

"Please let no one come walking along the trail"

"I HATE cypress trees" (I'd already done a good bit of whining about them during the caching trip and on many other previous caching trips)

"I'm so glad I wore a long hoodie"

"I'm so glad it's a warm winter day"

So anyone else ever get attacked by plants or trees or bugs and have to strip down in an unseemly way while caching?

Edited by Opalblade

A few weeks ago young Triskele was replacing a bison tube in a tree when one of the tree's thorns somehow stabbed him in the back. He had to take his shirt off so I could get all of the thorn pieces out...he didn't want to move until I did. The tree happened to be next to a popular walking/running/cycling path, which was quite busy that fine Sunday afternoon. He's a boy, so standing there shirtless didn't have quite the same connotations.

Boy, I'm glad we keep tweezers in our pack!!

Is it just me wondering what the trouble is? I'd worry about musquito's, ticks etc perhaps. But with such splinters in my leg, I guess getting them out would be priority. The person coming around the corner would see the problem, or I can simply explain it. No big deal.

This came from a log on one of my Caches...

It was well deserving of the 4.5 terrain rating, especially considering the 26 cholla spines that had to be removed from my bum!

OW :blink:

2395216305_984031c92c.jpg

yeeeouch! Cholla spines are not fun. I've taken a few out myself, but never 26 at one time...and never from my rear. ...knock on wood....

Never because of injuries, but I stripped to my underwear to go into a canal where I had dropped my reading glasses from my shirt pocket while bending under a dock to look for a cache. It was about 100 yards from a busy boat launch, but it couldn't be helped. Really, the worst part of it all was that we, we DNF'd the cache! :blink:

BC

Desperately wanted to one time when I stepped directly into a fire ant hill. In my quick exit my shoe went flying, sock got flung off, pulled up my pants leg while considering the consequences of removing my jeans to shake them out.

The cache was toward the back of an open library on a busy street. Not an ideal place to strip. At least we were able to hide the cache away from the fire ants

i come unclothed often enough for various reasons that it simply fails to be remarkable.

around here we have a thing we yell: "if you don't want to see my butt, don't look over here!" this is largely considered adequate and polite warning.

Edited by flask

I found a couple of ticks crawling on my neck once while driving. I tossed them out the window. At the next stop (which was a good 40 miles away), I pretty much stripped down. Funny thing was, it was at a somewhat urban cache at a museum. The wife was with me, and it wasn't really a Geocaching outing, just stopping at some caches on the way to where we were going.

Sitting down with son while he looked through an ammo box was biten on the backside by several meat ants, log book and items went every where as I grabbed boy and ran back across the road. Then fully disrobbed while geowife helped check out my cloths.

The worse part was I had to go back and replace the cache and contents.

Makes you wonder if NudeCacher has ever put his clothes on while caching, doesn't it? :blink:

His larst couple of caches where events.

Sitting down with son while he looked through an ammo box was biten on the backside by several meat ants, log book and items went every where as I grabbed boy and ran back across the road. Then fully disrobbed while geowife helped check out my cloths.

Makes you wonder if NudeCacher has ever put his clothes on while caching, doesn't it? B)

Don't worry, he (mostly :D ) keeps his clothes on for Events. :blink:

Makes you wonder if NudeCacher has ever put his clothes on while caching, doesn't it? B)

Don't worry, he (mostly :D ) keeps his clothes on for Events. :blink:

Yeah, mostly. I've thought about finding a stylish loin cloth to wear to Geowoodstock this summer. They could invite me to attend as a wondering celebrity. B)

Over the years I've found that there are more people that become involved in nude activities than one would expect from the horrified reaction that you get from a few whenever it's mentioned. I'm contacted by cachers from all around the world who have discovered the Nudecacher account almost every month.

Nudecacher

Makes you wonder if NudeCacher has ever put his clothes on while caching, doesn't it? :lol:

Ouch! Those meat ants look VERY unpleasant. And they're huge! The photo is to scale of course.

800px-Meat_eater_ant_feeding_on_honey02.jpg