Visiting Fountain Hills Area

knowschad

Some friends and I will be visiting Fountain Hills in March and I'm wondering if anybody can recommend some caches that we really would not want to miss. We will have a Jeep Liberty, but walking terrain will have to be fairly short and not terribly difficult. Looking more for great views, history, stuff like that then cleverness.

I haven't been to Fountain Hills in a while, but ya gots to get the Worlds Tallest Fountain virtual if you're gunna be in Fountain Hills. GC762F

Theres a cool Armed Forces Veterans memorial int the park too.

Thanks, SImpkjee. Yeah, we'll be staying a mile from the fountain, and will have all virtuals for miles around loaded in. That one is a must-do!
I haven't been to Fountain Hills in a while, but ya gots to get the Worlds Tallest Fountain virtual if you're gunna be in Fountain Hills. GC762F

Thanks, SImpkjee. Yeah, we'll be staying a mile from the fountain, and will have all virtuals for miles around loaded in. That one is a must-do!

If you are going to do some caching on a Fri or Sat, let me know. I live just down the street from the fountain. BTW, Jerome is a great place to visit. Caching in Jerome is just the cherry on top!

If you are going to do some caching on a Fri or Sat, let me know. I live just down the street from the fountain. BTW, Jerome is a great place to visit. Caching in Jerome is just the cherry on top!

Wow! What an offer! Email has been sent.
Isn't March when the SNAKES start to wake up.
I spent 5 years working the oilfields in the 4-corners. Can't scare me with snake stories. I did almost step on one up in Dead Horse Canyon once, though. Long-stepping it down a hill after finding some flint shards on an east-facing bluff, heading back to the rig. Had one foot in the air and another still on solid rock when I realized I was about to land on a coiled up rattler. Last second twist of the foot was all that kept me from stepping right on him. Fortunately, it WAS still March and early in the day and he was barely moving.

You know, I really appreciate the offers to meet with other cachers, but I'm only going to be there for a week, and I will be with others that will have their own agendas, so I'm really just looking for a few "must-do" caches... you know - those caches that will bring me to places locals know about that I might otherwise miss.